"Language Emerald!" my brother was aghast at my explosion.

"Don't call me Emerald kuya! I don't want to be called by that name!" pasimangot na sabi ko.

My brother sat on the sofa with his wife. Ako naman ay pumuntang kitchen at kumuha ng juice for them. Typical condo unit lang naman ang lugar ko. Hindi kalakihan. And I choose to be minimalistic. Ayoko ng maraming gamit.

Nilapag ko ang isang pitsel na juice at baso sa mesa. Umupo ako sa single couch katapat nila. Hinihilot ko ang isa kong paa dahil namamanhid ito. I really don't fancy wearing high heels.

"So what do you want me to address you? Pearl? Ruby? Amethyst?" he said mockingly raising his one eyebrow at me. Ate Bianca giggled candidly as if kuya was cracking a hilarious joke.

I rolled my eyes upward and then laughed afterwards. "Ewan ko sa'yo kuya. Just don't call me with my full name. I'm not used to it. Everybody calls me Emz. So be it." I shuddered.

"Really? Why do I have this feeling that there's someone out there used to call you Emerald and not Emz?" he teased.

I sighed. Lawrence never calls me Emz. It's always Emerald for him. He's the only human being on this planet who used to address me that way. And I don't want to remember anything about him.

"Anyway, it's just for months Emz or a year. Isa sa stragedy ng administration ang ganito. We call it 'Employees swap'. We gonna get some employees from the Philippines and we're gonna send some from here in exchange. We've been doing that every year Emz. You just didn't notice. And besides, sa ibang operation kasi ginagawa yun. Ngayon, they also want from Front Office Department. And the administration chooses you and Edward to be a part of it. Your ate knew you won't like it. Trust me, she tried to suggest other names. But the head prefers you and Edward. You're both good in this craft kaya siguro ganun. You'll be managing the Front Desk temporarily. At ang papalit naman sa'yo dito ay receptionist for the meantime. Mas mataas kasi ang standard natin kumpara sa Pinas. And besides, you are working too hard." umakbay si kuya kay ate na tahimik lamang na nakikinig sa amin. She understands Filipino but couldn't speak well.

Seriously? Front Desk Manager agad-agad?

"I suggested Edward to be your partner. I'm sure you are comfortable with him. You've been together ever since. Thank God the management approves about it. Expect a promotion after this." Ate Bianca spoke nonchalantly.

Oh my god! Edward doesn't want to go back to the Philippines! If only they knew that he is avoiding his family like a plague! I tried to calm myself. Surely, hindi naman siguro sa Davao ang hotel na maaasign sa amin. Sa dami ng sangay ng Heritage, it's quite impossible to be in Davao. Not in Davao, oh God!

But to my disappointment, kuya bursted out the bubble. Savagely.

"Two of you are assigned in Davao. Nakita kasi nila na may background kayo sa lugar na iyon. Edward came from Davao while you had a training in Davao as well." Kuya said.

Okay, calm your tits Emerald. Malawak ang Davao. Hindi magkukrus ang landas ninyo. Tiwala lang.

"I heard Dela Vega Suites is a very good hotel. It's one of the finest hotel in the Philippines. That's your training ground, right Emz? It will be easier for you to adjust." sumandal si ate Bianca sa balikat ni kuya.

Kumunot ang noo ko. Oh please! Don't tell me!

"Heritage and dela Vega are one team. The owner of dela Vega Suites is a major stockholder of The Heritage, so to speak. Kaya doon kayo inatasan na magtrabaho. Management will announce, in a few months after, when will your work be done. And don't worry, you are very well compensated. This is a good news for me Emz, if I were you. Makakauwi ka sa probinsya natin during holidays. It's up to you if you work or not." ngumiti si kuya sa akin.