~13~

After singing the birthday song, cutting and sharing the cake and wine, everyone left but my family and I stayed back.

"Now can someone tell me how Zion came in from LA, earlier than usual?" I asked while sipping my wine.

He scoffed. "How can you ask that? I just pulled a few strings with my charm and good looks," he replied pushing his hair back and smirking.

I gave him a look that said 'really'.

He's right though. He really has good looks. That runs in the family too. We all have high cheeckbones, brown eyes and lucious dark brown hair. My dad's handsomeness went to my brother. From the chiselled jawline, to the amazing height and lean but muscular build, awesome thin lips and light scruff, they were really good looking.

My brother always uses what he has to his full advantage though, but I couldn't believe him on this one.

"Okay, I sent in your private jet to pick him up," my mum cleared.

My brows furrowed. Since when do I have a private jet? I haven't even considered buying one.

"Since when do I have a private jet mum?" There was suspicion in my tone as I looked her in the eye.

It seemed like her cake was to beautiful because she averted my stare to the cake.

"Umm, your dad and I bought you one for your birthday and we wanted to give it as a suprise, but this came up and we had to send it to him," she admitted sheepishly.

My mouth dropped open in disbelief. He launched my private jet?!

I growled and my mum looked at me scared. My dad looked sorry too.

"Geez sis, just be calm a bit. If it's any consolation, the interior was really nice and luxurious and had that new smell, you know," he said smugly.

I shot a glare his way and he raised his arms up in surrender.

"What the fuck, mum?!" I screeched.

"Language sweetheart," my dad put in.

I threw him an apologetic glance and glared at my mum.

"What the hell mum?! He launched my private jet? How's that fair?!" I complained.

She ran a hand threw her hair. "I'm sorry, okay? Mine was in use and yours was available," she justified.

Is she for real?

I was about to speak but my dad cut me off.

"That's not the right thing to say, honey," he advised.

Her face fell.

"I'm really sorry for that darling. I'll make it up to you. I'll ask for the interiors to be changed to purple so it'll look as good as new," she suggested giving me a sheepish smile.

I smirked. "Seems like a fair deal."

"Hey! How come she gets a private jet and I don't?" he protested.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he flicked my nose. Hard.

I rubbed my nose. "Dad!"

My dad sighed. "Honey.."

My mum frowned. "Zion.."

He huffed. "Fine. I'm...not sorry. You're an idiot A," he mused.

"Dad!" I screamed louder.

"Okay Arthur, that's enough."

He grimaced at the name and I smiled in satisfaction.

We began to talk about our different jobs. When it got to my dad's turn, he was speaking about how it's stressful to fly to some states for work on short notice.