~7~

This chapter is dedicated to Leolunah

●●●

I wasn't too focused on my therapy right now. I was getting too lost in my thoughts. The only thing resounding in my mind was "I'll start with your career."

He has managed to get into my head and I hate that. I think my patient also noticed that.

"Umm, are you okay Doc?" Evie's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"I've called your name for a while now and you didn't seem to respond," she stated, worry evident in her tone.

I shook my head and looked at her. She stared at me with a worried look on her face. Wow! I finally got another emotion apart from her usual scared look.

"Wow, Evie," I exclaimed. "You've finally looked at me with an emotion other than fear," I stated smiling.

She stared down at the floor and brushed a bit of her dark as night hair behind her ears.

"T-That's thanks t-to you. I guess," she stuttered.

Thanks to Dashiell actually.

Stupid subconscious.

I checked my watch.

"I think our session is over now. Would you like to say anything else?" I questioned.

She stood up.

"Not at all. Today's session was nice," she replied while the corner of her lip quirked up.

Damn. An almost smile. Progress.

I clasped my hands together.

"Looking forward to the next one then. Be sure to make it."

She twisted the doorknob.

"I will."

The door slammed shut announcing her leave. I slapped my forehead.

"Don't think about him. Don't think about him," I chanted continously.

I heard the door hit the wall. Natasha's aggravated voice followed.

"Could you please tell me why the infamous Dashiell Evans was here today? And I wasn't informed?"

Just when he was almost forgotten. Fuck my life.

I groaned. I stood up and walked towards my passage door.

"Please shut the door. And if I knew he would be here wouldn't I have told you?"

"Well, why was he here then?" she pestered.

He was here to ruin me.

I turned to face her.

"I don't want to hear anything concerning that anymore. Got that?" I stated in an irritated manner.

I didn't wait for a reply, I opened my passage door.

"Now, let's get this done and over with."

●●●

My board of directors at my cosmetics HQ gave me a small welcoming party. There was really no need, but it was nice to know they cared.

I was in my office now, my cosmetics HQ office that is. I was savouring the sweet chocolate cake I was given.

"We even- Are you listening to me Junia?" Phoebe's voice drew me out of my state.