~5~

It's been two weeks now since my incident. Working from home was really not that bad. It was great even. But I really needed to get out of the house. I needed fresh air.

Carlos made sure I never left the house. He claimed that if I leave without being fully recovered, I may destroy his merchandise. I being the merchandise.

My housekeeper also helped a lot with the chores. Garfield was really great company too. The snacks my mum brought were also a consolation.

Phoebe really tried her best with the company. She took care of everything and also brought home papers for me to sign. Modelling was on hold and my aunt really wanted me to get well soon, because I've been recieving a lot of endorsement deals.

Therapy was also going really great. All my patients coporated with it and they seemed to be improving.

Right now I was in my study. Also known as my fashion studio. I was designing my latest wedding gown. It was going pretty great. It was going to be with a velvet white fabric. It was an off shoulder tiered gown, with a basked waistline. There'll be intricate jewellry at the waist and sheer fabric for the shoulder.

I'm finally out of the cast and the doctor approved that my leg has healed up really well, so I'll resume my normal life tomorrow. I let out a sigh of content.

I felt really peaceful and happy at this moment. Even if there was a glitch in my life with my injury, my life was still working out just the way I planned.

Then my door bell rang.

I groaned. "Oh God. Just when I was feeling at peace."

I moved to answer the door and I was really happy at the sight.

"Oh my God, Keyshia!" I shrieked. I engulfed her in a hug immediately. I felt so happy she was back.

She laughed and returned the hug tightly.

"I missed you too, babe," she replied happily.

I released her from the hug and she sashayed her way in and I shut the door.

"Damn, I really missed your penthouse," she said while looking around. "Feels good to be back."

I admired her while she admired the house. My bestfriend since middle school. She's black and I love it. Her tan brown smooth skin shone in the luminous lighting of my living room. Her signature shiny, staight, black weave that cascaded down her back, swayed as she walked.

I loved her curvy figure. She was wearing denim pants with a white tank top. The pants hugged her curves really well. She turned to face me.

She smirked. "I know you love my ass, Driel. But I can't have you sucking all the life out of it with your eyes now," she said while giving me a pointed look.

I pouted and clasped my hands in my front. "It just looks so perfect," I said in a dreamy voice.

She had a proud look on her face. "Of course it is sister," she exclaimed in her black accent. Then she flipped her hair over her shoulder. "It belongs to me you know," she ended.

I rolled my eyes with a small smile on my face. "Wow, self-conceited much?" I questioned with raised brows.

She winked. "You know it."

She had every right to be proud. She was beautiful. Her dark brown eyes always sparkled. She had a cute button nose and sexy bow shaped lips. Standing at my height, 5'6, she could make any guy fall for her with her killer figure and awesome outgoing personality.

"So how was your trip?" I asked. "You came in a bit early."

"I actually came in yesterday, it was great." she replied smiling and walking towards me.