~10~

This chapter is dedicated to Nasiim22

Important A/N at the end!

●●●

Saturday rolled by quickly. Dashiell didn't attend his session yesterday and I was glad. I needed space to rearrange my life. This therapy with him is becoming really overbearing. I'm normally in control of my affairs, but as he came along, everything seems messed up.

I'm sprawled across my bed this morning, stroking Garfield, waiting for my fitness trainer. I sigh as I look through my blog, what got me in this Dashiell mess in the first place. I called up my mum.

"Hello darling, how are you?" I heard her cheery but firm voice say.

"I'm okay. I just wanted to ask if you saw the designs I sent to your email?"

"I've told you a lot of times Adriel," she started.

I roll my eyes. Here we go again.

"If you have any new designs, come over to our place and show me," she said.

"And how many times have I listened to that? Anytime I come over, all you ever talk about is me getting a husband," I say annoyed.

She scoffed.

"Speaking of husbands," I could hear the smile in her tone. "How's the gum project coming on? Do you chew them? Have you met any prospective husband? Did he kiss you?" she rushed out.

"Mum!" I say angry. "I told you that's not happening, and I'm not chewing the gum," I cleared.

I heard her gasp.

"Honey! Your daughter's disobeying me again," I heard her shriek.

My dad's there? I miss him so much.

"Dad! Tell mum what she's doing is wrong," I screamed out.

"I'm sorry sweetheart," I heard my dad's gruff but soft voice say. "You need to listen to your mother this time."

I couldn't believe my ears. My dad wasn't on my side?! For the first time!

I squeezed Garfield's fur in shock and he hissed at me.

"So you've joined her?" The disbelief was evident in my voice.

"No sweetheart, it's just-"

"No need dad. I'll do whatever she says. Love you!"

I cut the call. I was angry with my mum. I've had enough about this husband issue.

I picked up my metallic blue macbook and began a search. I knew this was wrong, but I need to know what I'm getting myself into. I let my fingers swiftly type the name into the search bar. Dashiell Jacobs.

Different posts popped up all at once. I checked each of them. The famous CEO and heir of Jacobs Empire. He's led the business really far since he took over and I was impressed. He seemed to be on the cover of different business magazines.

There were different images of him on red carpet and no single female was by his side or hanging off his arm.

How exactly is he a man whore then?

I moved further and there were a lot of other images taken in the dark. It looked like a street of some sort.

I clicked on one and under it read;
Another female caught running out of his penthouse as usual. Same old look. Tears staining the face, clothes ruffled up as usual, same sex hair. I had an opportunity to interview her and she disclosed they had sex but he kicked her out immediately they were done. It looks like he never allows anyone sleep over. How heartless could he be?