~1~

This chapter is deticated to fun_writes for being an amazing friend and for the amazing cover.

_______________

I heard voices. A lot of voices in my head. I opened my eyes to find myself in a dark room. I couldn't really hear what the voices were trying to say. I was scared, lonely and confused.

"Hello?" I called out. "Can anyone hear me?"

The only reply I got was my echo. Then I could coherently hear the words of the voices,

"You'll never find love, you'll forever be scared to love."

These words kept echoing and tears began to roll down my face.

"Stop it!" I screamed. "Please make it stop." The words escaped me as a sob. After long hours of crying the voices stopped. I vanished out of the dark room and appeared into a room filled with cats.

I looked around and on seeing something I recognised I called out. "Garfield?" He came to me and rubbed himself on me. I wiped my tears as relief flooded my heart.

Then all the cats began to talk in unision. "Wake up," they said.

A look of shock was evident on my face at the sight. I held on to Garfield so tightly but as he joined in the chant I pushed him off me in fear and backed of into the wall trembling.

They continued in the same way then the voice morphed to my best friend's voice.

"Wake up," Keyshia said.

Wake up? Does it mean I'm dreaming?

"Wake up, Adriel."

"No Keyshia, just five more minutes," I mumbled turning in my bed.

"I know you would say five more minutes but I ain't buying that," Keyshia said in a mocking tone.

"Wake the fuck up Adriel!" Keyshia screamed in my ears.

I jumped out of bed immediately.

"What the hell Keyshia?!" I yelled angrily. "You couldn't wake me up in a better way could you?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes and turning on my lights.

I still felt so sleepy. Yesterday was so hectic for me, being that I had to clean up my whole house due to a party I threw. And to crown it all today has to be a Monday. Keyshia could be a real menace sometimes. She still kept singing at me to wake up when I was already up.

"Are you perhaps blind Keyshia?" I asked. "Can't you see I'm awa.." I opened my eyes fully and froze mid sentence.

Could I be running mad? Or is this a continuation of my dream. I pinched myself but the pain made it obvious that I was wide awake.

I looked around my cream coloured luxirous bedroom. The room was totally empty. No one was around except me. But I could still hear Keyshia's voice.

"What the actual...Keyshia if this is a joke please stop it. This is freaking Monday, you can't punish me like this," I groaned. A scowl appeared on my face as the voice still continued.