~6~

I arrived at my office 7:30 the next day. I couldn't take any chances. I walked into the waiting area and glanced at my surroundings. Everything was spotless and neatly arranged. I smiled to myself.

"Good morning, Adriel," Natasha greeted in a chirpy tone from behind the counter. "It's good to have you back." She smiled while handing me today's appointment list.

"Morning, Natasha," I replied. "I can see that everywhere is spotless like I asked."

"Yes. Now could you tell my why it had to be cleaned oh so thoroughly?", she asked in a mocking tone.

"I'm having a meeting with Mr Chris Jacobs," I checked my patek watch, "in less than half an hour," I said looking back up.

She furrowed her brows. "Hold on a sec," she said eying me warily. "You don't mean the Chris Jacobs like Jacobs Empire Chris Jacobs do you?" she questioned in a disbelieving tone.

I chuckled at her description. "The very one," I replied proudly.

She gasped. "Oh my word!" she exclaimed looking at me with wide eyes.

She began to smothen out her dress and picked up hand a mirror to check her face.

I raised a brow at her.

She rolled her eyes. "First impression matters you know."

I shook my head chuckling to myself. Well, she was right. I walked into my office. It also looked spotless. I inhaled it's vanilla scent and sighed. I missed it a lot.

I dropped my purse on my side stool and walked towards the tea desk. I prepared some ingredients for coffee, in case he may need some.

When I was done with that, I walked towards my shelf. I ran my hands over the spines of the books and picked out a new file for his relative.

I walked to my seat. I felt a little wary about today. I felt like I would screw things up like I did with the Martinello's.

I blew out a breath of air. "Everything will be fine," I muttered to myself.

I looked through the appointment list of today. It looked promising. The first was by 9. I prepared their files and waited patiently for 8.

I checked my watch again. 10 minutes left. I walked towards my secret passage. I opened it up and walked in. I looked around and thought to myself. I really think I should give up disguising myself. I feel like a two faced person sometimes and feel bad about it.

I looked in the mirror and checked myself out.Black leather high waisted pencil skirt which stopped just below my knees. Paired with beige cropped longsleeved blouse and matching stilettos. I was dressed to impress.

My face was also no exception. I put on some foundation and highlighted my lips with beige coloured, matte lipstick.

My lashes were thick with a bit of mascara, and my eyebrows were on fleek as always. My hair remained pin straight and flowed down my shoulders in a side part.

I smiled at my reflection and adjusted my glasses. Nothing could go wrong. I walked out and as soon as I shut the door I heard a knock. I checked my watch. 8 o'clock sharp. He kept to the time. My heels clicked against the floor as I walked towards the door and opened it.

There he was. The owner of one of the most successful business empires in USA and the best empire in New York. He looked a bit old but still strong.

He stared at me with icy blue eyes. He had dark brown hair some parts tinted with grey. Few wrinkles were scattered across his face and he had a somewhat chiselled jaw.