~9~

I stared into his eyes for what felt like hours. I couldn't tear myself away. It's like they become more beautiful everyday. Now the grey swirls were a lot more than the blue. Which means he was feeling angry.

When is he not?

Good point. I kept staring when a thought came to me. What if he recognises me? What will I do then? I saw him raise a brow and something was dawning on his face. Recognition?

Oh My God!!!! Kill me now! My career is over! My future is ruined!

A sullen look overtook my features. I tore my eyes away and looked down. I began to speak before he says it himself.

I started in a small voice. "I'm sorry. I just-"

"Ah, the famous Junia Evans," he cut me off. "I've heard a lot about you."

My head whipped up immediately. He didn't look too angry anymore but his face was still stoic. So that was the recognition I saw earlier. Does it mean he didn't...

A smile overtook my features and my confidence returned. How could I be so stupid? I'm disguised totally. He can't see past it.

"Ah, the infamous Dashiell Jacobs," I said with a proud tone.

He furrowed his brows.

"That voice. The way she said my name..." I heard him muttering. He wasn't really talking to me.

My breath hitched. How could I be so stupid? Again!

He knows Adriel's voice and there is a way I say his name. What should I do now?

An idea came in.

"It's really good to finally meet you Dash," I exclaimed in a high pitched voice. Well not too high but higher than my normal one. I blocked a cough. Damn. That was really hard.

I saw him wince and an annoyed expression overtook his features. I smirked inwardly. Phase one complete. Time for phase two. He had to forget about my voice matching with Adriel's.

I stretched out my hand for a handshake. He looked at it in disgust and looked back up at me, disgust still evident.

"People of your kind are not permitted to touch me," he spat out.

"And do not call me Dash."

With that he walked away. I watched him walk away. His steps were really confident and his shoulders were squared. He walked as if he didn't care about anyone else. I watched the way his back muscles rippled under his white dress shirt. He didn't wear a suit today.

Arms snaked around my waist. I jerked in surprise but calmed down as they felt familiar. I sipped my champagne.

"We are in public Carlo. Haven't you found a girl already?"

"I know we are in public but all women are playing hard to get," he replied mock sadness in his voice.

I chuckled and leaned back against him. He rested his head on my shoulder. To anyone watching, I bet we looked like a really good couple.

"Why I came here," he started, his voice dangerously low, "is to stop you from eye raping Dashiell Jacobs," he ended smugly.

I choked on my drink and got out of his hold. I dropped my empty glass with a passing waiter and turned to face his smirking figure.

"I wasn't doing that," I blurted out. I could feel a blush rising but I killed it immediately.

What is wrong with me?!

His smirk increased.

"Sure you weren't," he drawled out.

"I'm really happy though, that you've finally decided to look at a guy with a little bit of attraction. At a point I started to think you were gay," he stated smiling