I'm such a social outcast

It was frustrating to see how SHE was everyone's favorite. After all, what does she have that I don't? The question didn't leave my mind until the end. Not until I got to know her. Not until she was kind enough to stretch out her hand to someone like me. It was then when I realized that perhaps my number one rival might turn out to be the first friend that I will ever have.

It's always been the same routine for me.

I would sit down in my seat, take out my notes and review my studies from yesterday. Away from the rest of the crowd who would always hang around in their small groups, chatting and gossiping.

Socializing had never been a huge part of my life.

If people chose to avoid me, I didn't approach them.

This way I was the most distant person in the whole school. I had a reputation going.

Once I heard from behind some girl's back.

"She has no friends because of her FREAK personality."

Every part of my body signaled me to ignore her and forget about it. But how she emphasized that word, FREAK really touched me.

I never imagined myself to be a freak.

Actually when I first came into high school I was considered one everyone's most wanted list.

The guys would always follow me for my looks.

My eyes were bright blue, tanned slightly, and my hair was close to brown.

But when people actually started to know me...they started to avoid me.

Apparently I was...a selfish, arrogant, unkind, non-caring, and a show-off. I've never admitted these to myself but probably they were true.

I have always worked best by myself. No one could catch up with me in my studies. I lectured anyone, even my parents if they would doze off and not do their work.

Before I knew it everyone had me down on their list as a complete snob.

Not that I cared, I adapted quickly. My brain detected that I was unwanted so I focused only on my studies.

It didn't bother me until...SHE came along.

It was just another normal day at high school. We've gotten our new schedules and started grade eleven.

Around first block our teacher announced that there was going to be a new student.

That perked up the entire class' attention.

There wasn't many transfer students at our school. Mostly because our school was an elite school for the smartest and to move in during high school was a difficult thing to do.