death and death... If I survive...sure! -Bom

Bom’s POV

                There was an awkward moment in the elevator as we waited until it reached its final limit.

                We were on the fourth floor and it seemed like it would take forever until we reached the twentieth floor.

                I counted slowly in my head. Five…six.

                Jung-woo coughed beside me. We were about a foot apart from each other, not making eye contact. We had to get used to each other soon but it was so hard.

                Seven…eight.

                Perhaps I would poke Jung-woo, just for fun? Maybe that would make the mood less…tense.

                Nine…ten.

                My stomach was about to growl any minute; I was starving.

                Eleven…twelve…thirteenth.

                Hyori and Gin, I wonder what they were doing right now?

                Fourteenth...fifteenth…sixteenth.

                I tilted my head slightly and caught a glimpse of Jung-woo. He seemed to counting down in his head as well. His eyes locked on the numbers as it continued to change every ten seconds or so.

                Seventeenth…eighteenth.

                I had a violent urge to lung towards the door and just pull it open by force.

                Nineteenth….Finally! Nineteenth! They seriously had to fix this elevator to be faster!

                It would be seconds now…seconds! But…it continued to not change. The number nineteenth stood still.

                “Um…” Jung-woo muttered. “What?”

                BOOM! And the elevator shook horribly as though there was an earthquake. We were thrown back to the walls as there was a low groan and the elevator calmed down, and finally stood still.

                “What the heck?” I murmured as I moved my shaky legs forward. I banged on the closed doors, “hello?”

                Jung-woo started pressing the buttons on the elevator like crazy.

                “It’s stuck!” he shouted in outrage, “I told my dad to get this elevator checked up!”

                “What do we do now?” I questioned.

                “This is so weird,” he sighed, “of all the luck we get stuck in an elevator.”

                He muttered a few incoherent words and faced me.

“Okay, let’s stay calm,” he gave me a collected look, “this isn’t the worse thing that can happen. The elevator might just be momentarily stuck. Let’s just wait a few minutes and it might start operating again.”

“Okay,” I huffed. I looked around. The elevator was stuffy and although there was enough room for more than two people, I felt squished and uncomfortable; and the annoying music in the background wasn’t helping.