Day two

Bom’s POV

                The first day back at school ended with not much chaos. The semester was looking interesting and upbeat. The night went quickly by, with Hyori’s nonstop texts on what book she should choose for our English class. I snickered as I texted back a list of books I’ve ever read. Personally I wasn’t sure what book I wanted to discuss in class, nor did I care as much. Hyori obviously thought otherwise. Despite Hyori’s ‘list of top 50 greatest literature of all time’, I decided to stick with my own limited list. Hyori texted me until midnight, asking my opinion on the book Pride and Prejudice. Deciding that the text wasn’t that important I turned off my phone and crawled into my bed. If I continued any longer my dad was going to freak at the phone bill for this month.

                Unfortunately, Hyori thought that her last text was very important.

                “I waited for your reply and it never came,” she growled at me, the next morning instead of a friendly greeting, “do you know how frustrated I was?”

                “Do you realize that you need a life?” I yawned.

                “Hey!” she sounded offended, “I thought you cared about your grades too!”

                “I don’t think this ‘assignment’ is really for any marks Hyori,” I rolled my eyes.

                “Whatever,” she shrugged, “I like to leave a good impression on my teachers.”

                “You mean Mr. Costa,” I laughed, “I think he left a rather strong impression on you.”

                “He did not!” Hyori argued.

                “Admit it, you think he’s H-O-T,” I spelled out the last word.

                “I do not think he’s HOT!” Hyori shouted loudly.

                “Aww…are you talking about me?” a familiar voice teased behind us.

                We turned around and saw Gin, smiling brightly at us, and Jung-woo who seemed slightly out of breath.

                “What happened to you?” I asked Jung-woo.

                “Gin…made me run all the way here…” he said through several gasps.

                “You wanted to talk to the girls more than me though?” Gin smiled.

                “N,no,” Jung-woo stuttered and avoided my stare.

                “ANYWAYS,” Hyori cut off, “I was not talking about you, Gin.”

                “There’s no need to lie,” Gin winked, “don’t worry, your secrets safe with me.”

                “What do you mean BY THAT?” Hyori demanded.

                “I mean, I have to keep it a secret that you like me, or else the entire population of girls at school will be out for your blood,” Gin laughed.

                Hyori glared viciously at Gin, but she looked slightly red. I bit back a fit of laughter. It was funny how Gin had spoken out the truth without even knowing it himself.

                “We’ll see you guys later!” Gin smiled and waved. Jung-woo nodded and followed Gin.

                “I have to get to band,” Hyori said, “have fun in art!”

                “See you,” I grinned and turned around to head to my next class.

                “Bom!” someone called me from the back.

                I turned around and smiled, “hey Yuri.”

                “Did you remember to bring our art supplies?” she asked, “I completely forgot my stuff at home.”

                “It’s okay,” I laughed as I opened the door to the art room, “you can borrow mine.”

                “Thanks a lot,” she grinned and we took a seat at our table.

                “So…” there was an awkward silence.

                “How are you doing?” Yuri smiled.

                I raised my eyebrows, “err…fine?”

                “Can I ask you something?” she said.

                “Shoot.”

                “Are…you dating Jung-woo?” she asked cautiously.

                I bit my lip and blushed.

                “I knew it,” she grinned, “it was bound to happen sooner or later.”

                “Is it obvious?” I questioned.

                “Well…Jung-woo blushes around you twenty four seven…and you’re kind of like the only girl he talks to…except Hyori…” Yuri giggled, “you’re lucky Hanna hasn’t noticed yet, she would be out for your head.”

                “Yeah…” I sighed, “I don’t want her hatred of me to grow even bigger.”

                “Oh she doesn’t hate you,” Yuri smiled, “she just doesn’t want to be in the same room as you.”

                “Thanks...?” I smirked.

                “So, when did you start?” Yuri asked.

                “Start what?” I replied absentmindedly.

                Yuri glared at me and said, “when did you guys started dating, duh!”

                “Oh,” I laughed nervously, “at the start of summer break…”

                “Hanna told the gang that she met you at a beach during the break,” Yuri frowned, “she also told me she pushed you in the water and that you almost drowned because you couldn’t swim…”

                “Did she sound like she regretted it?” I inquired.

                “No,” Yuri answered without hesitance.

                “I see…” I wasn’t sure what I thought of Hanna, but at the moment I was sure it would be between the range of dislike and hatred.

                “I think it’s really sweet,” Yuri smiled dreamily, “I would die for a boyfriend.”

                “You don’t have one yet?” I said surprised.

                “Uh…duh?” Yuri frowned.

                “But you’re so…popular and pretty!” I shouted.

                “Thanks,” Yuri smiled.

                “No seriously,” I grinned, “you’re nice too. I’m sure a lot of people asked you out before.”

                “Well…yeah…but I always reject them,” Yuri confessed.

                “Why?” I frowned.

                “Well…It’s complicated…” Yuri averted my gaze.

                “Do you…like someone?” I asked.

                Yuri stopped dead in her tracks then said in a soft, awkwardly high voice, “of course not.”