a really bad misunderstanding

Hyori’s POV

                “Yes uh bye,” it was yet the fiftieth time that Jung-woo has been avoiding Bom and it was getting on my nerves. I knew it wasn’t my business to care but I was thinking in my head, ‘just confess and get it over with!”

                Every afterschool practice he hasn’t been talking to her and if she tried to carry on a conversation he would always avoid talking to her longer than twenty seconds. However, he have been staring at her in every, single class as if he had something important to say to her, but whenever she brought it up he would look away and pretend he haven’t heard.

                “Maybe it’s his phobia,” I suggested after Bom asked one day. I knew in my head that it wasn’t Jung-woo’s phobia at all but his small heart not having enough guts to confess to someone, but I couldn’t tell that to Bom could I? Bom, no matter how smart she was, was clueless when it came to things such as these.

                “So it’s his phobia,” Bom made sure with me again, as if I had all the answers, “It’s so annoying! I ask him when our next practice is and he can’t say a straight answer without staring somewhere as else.”

                “Give him some time,” I grinned encouragingly, “he’ll warm up some time.”

                “No,” she cut me off with a serious look on her face, “I’m going to fix it now.”

                “What?” I was taken aback. I still wasn’t sure what Bom feels anything for Jung-woo but was sure that there was something inside them that could be sparked to something deeper.

                “We’re going to get rid of his phobia once and for all,” she announced and stormed forward, dragging me behind her.

                “Hey!” Bom shouted as soon as she found Gin and Jung-woo at their lockers getting their lunch out. There was a small choke from the direction of Jung-woo and Gin waved back with a cheery grin.

                “Hey Jung-woo,” Bom tapped him on the shoulder but he made no reply but suddenly looked like he had a strange interest on his sneakers.

                “Hey,” Bom huffed and finally shouted with exasperation, “Baek Jung-woo!”

                Jung-woo flinched. He couldn’t avoid her now. He looked up sheepishly and made a grin towards Hyori.

                “Hi,” he murmured, “what do you want?”

                “What do I want,” Bom repeated, “what do I want? You know exactly what I want Jung!”

                “And what would that be…” he muttered under his breath.

                Bom sighed and said, “We’re going to help you get over your phobia.”

                It seems as though he had not expected that. I shrugged at his flabbergasted face and Gin made a curious stare between Bom and Jung-woo.

                “You can’t!” he replied, “I don’t need help.”

                “You don’t need help,” Bom sneered, “you don’t need help but you can’t stare at a girl’s face directly for more than a second. We’re going to help you and you can’t complain. Agreed?”

                She emphasized the last word with such force Jung-woo was practically intimidated to say ‘yes,’ and Gin just stared back and forth between those two and finally landed his eyes on me.