i kissed her...

Hyori’s POV

                Every single part of Bom was signaling off that something was wrong. She was an extremely easy book to read.

                “What happened?” I questioned, sitting down on her bed.

                She seemed to hesitate for a minute then sighed.

                She turned her head slightly towards me, her hair covering her side.

                “I have something I need to tell you,” she said quietly.

                I leaned closer and listened more carefully.

                “I’m sorry,” she announced and fell silent, not explaining indeed why she was sorry.

                “Sorry…?” I questioned her further, “what do you mean?”

                “I, I kissed him.”

                “…what?”

                “Even though I knew you liked him, I kissed him. I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it,” her head bent lower; “I’m a horrible person aren’t I?”

                There was an awkward silence between us as I let the words sink in.

                She kissed him? What was she talking about?

                Then it hit me. Could she have? She couldn’t have…right?

                “Okay,” I murmured, “I’m tired. Let’s talking about this later, okay?” Without hearing an answer I stood up from the bed. Making sure my side bangs were covering my eyes that refused to hide my true emotions, I took a couple of steps towards the door.

                “Wait, Hyori!” Bom stopped me, but I didn’t look back. I didn’t know which was worse. That Gin loved someone else or that Bom liked him back.

                Not knowing what to say, I remained quiet. My hands were reaching on top of the door knob when Bom’s voice sounded more urgent this time.

                “He was there…just lying there,” her voice sounding desperate to persuade me.

                “And seeing him all…sick, like that… I just couldn’t do anything and I felt so bad. Then he leaned closer and we were inches away…and….and it happened before I know it! I’m sorry, Hyori, I really am,” she ranted on.

                “Wait a second…” I paused, thinking over that carefully, “what?” I flipped around to meet her eyes staring frantically at me. Her hair seemed slightly disheveled and her eyes had dark bags as though she seemed quite stressed. She stood up from her uncomfortable stance and walked forward.

                “He told me that he shouldn’t get in the water or else he would get sick,” she explained, “and he dived in to save me. That’s why he’s sick.”

                “What?” I hissed, not understanding, “what are you talking about? He never dove into save you.”

                Bom gave me a quizzical look, “you were there. What are you talking about?”

                “Who are you talking about?” I asked.

                “Jung-woo,” she answered, her face slightly flushing.