his little secret

Hyori’s POV

                I have a secret to spill. I am pretty sure that Jung-woo likes Bom. There were so many evidences supporting it from last week. Starting from him running away from her after one proper eye contact. Then, he started to seat in tables only a couple of feet away from Bom. Also there were numerous times when I caught him staring at Bom nervously from a distance away.

                They have been having numerous practices together and it was beginning to get obvious. However, I was still unsure how Bom felt about Jung-woo. She was behaving weird around him but I wasn’t sure if it was because of how she felt about him, or the some sort of ‘surprise’ they were suppose to perform in class on the twenty fourth, which is today. No matter how much times I tried to forced it out of Bom from last week, she wouldn’t spill. She continued to change the subject whenever I brought it up, and if I refused to give up she made an excuse saying Gin demanded them not to tell. Still, Bom was horrible at lying and I managed to trick her into saying the date of the so called ‘surprise.’ It seems as though I would be able to find out today.

                The bell had rung for lunch ten minutes ago but Bom has disappeared. She had told me she had to go to washroom but she didn’t return. I suspected this had to do with her club’s surprise event to the class. I shrugged and walked up to the roof top where I normally ate lunch if Bom wasn’t present at school.

                I had guessed exactly right about the surprise. The whole class had entered the classroom and everything was decorated with ribbons and balloons. I wasn’t sure if it was a special day or just another random event Gin had thought of.

               The students looked around in wonder and found a seat in numerous chairs that have been placed in rows of three; ten in each row. The desks have been moved cleanly to the back of the classroom and there were no messy books and papers on the floor as it always had before.

                However, the most special thing that caught people’s eyes was the four people standing in front of the classroom with a small band formed. Gin was holding a microphone looking extremely pleased. He was checking over something written on paper along with Bom, who was also carrying a microphone. I tried hard not to laugh as I took a seat in the front row. She sure seemed nervous and distracted she didn’t seem to notice some vicious glares Jung-woo was sending from the back. His large eyes behind his glasses flew from Gin to Bom and back. Yuri was taking her place behind the piano and seeming more calm than anyone in the room. Of course, these kinds of experiences were common to her. She had won numerous awards in piano competitions, festivals, and contests.

                “What’s going on here?” Mr. Parker’s voice filled the air as he emerged with a woman pushing her from the back. She was pretty and her black hair was curled in pretty waves. Mr. Parker flushed as he saw how his classroom had transformed.

                Gin darted forward and dragged them to their seats, which were isolated from the others at the right side in the front of the class.

                “Congratulations,” I heard him mutter and Mr. Parker was lost of words and the woman smiled widely.

                “What’s going on?” Hanna shouted in her usual bossy tone.

                Gin signaled her to wait and ran up to his ‘band’ again. He grabbed his mike and tapped it three times. At the last tap it was on.

                “Hello fellow classmates and teachers,” he announced in a way a host would speak in a game show, “I am here to present to you a celebration party for those two love birds over there!” he pointed to the two at the side. And everyone’s eyes widened. Mr. Parker looked nervous and was blushing for the first time in school history. The woman had responded my grabbing Mr. Parker’s hand and raising it up high, revealing two matching rings on both of their fourth-finger.