It'll Be Fine

RUE'S POV

It's literally an hour to the New Year and I'm sitting here in this lonely park by myself. My feet grazed the grass as I played with the necklace around my neck.

I turned around and immediately hugged him, "It's beautifulll". I couldn't stop smiling as I sat back and looked at him. "Also you can't break up with me anymore", he said smirking. I rose my brows at him, "Why?". "Because I found the pebble", he said in so much pride. I squealed excitedly, "Really?!? Where is it?! Give it to me!". He just kept smiling widely, "I already did". I stayed quiet for a minute. Then he gestured towards the necklace and then it clicked. The pebble is the sky blue sun in the necklace! "You put it in the necklace?", I squeaked. He nodded slowly. "Omg! Noooooo. Blake!", I screamed as I hugged him again. I started to feel my robe loosen so I pulled back to tighten it quickly. He laughed and ruffled my hair as I kept smiling widely, "Now, the only person that'll be loosing the pebble is you and if you do, I'm breaking up with you". "You're amazing, you know that", I said to him. "So I've been told", he smirked. Then he pulled me in and kissed me deeply and everywhere around us, fireworks went off. A lot of people were screaming everywhere but I didn't care about anybody else but the guy I was kissing right here. He pulled away and whispered, "Happy new year baby".

Little by little the tears dropped from my eyes and I used my sleeve to clean them. The grass rustled as a pair of sandals stood in front of my ground vision, I instantly knew who it is. She sighed and went ahead to sit on the swing beside mine.

"Remember when we'd beg our mums to let us come here on Saturdays just so we could watch Bobby play with his dog?", She asked. Bobby was a kid in Bri and I crushed on in first grade. I don't think at that point we knew that you weren't supposed to crush on the same guy your friend is crushing on so we talked about him all the time and we would beg our mums to let us come to the park on Saturdays just to watch him. "Yeah", I smiled softly. "Or when we'd intentionally throw our boomerang to his side just so he could smile and give it back to us", I added letting out a little laugh.

"Yeah. Do you also remember when we eventually fought over Bobby and we didn't talk to each other for weeks", Bri said as she swung herself slowly. I chuckled, "Yeah and we didn't eat together or go to each other's houses. I think it was up to a month". Bri smiled and nodded before we fell into deep silence.

"Rue, you need to trust that if it's meant to be, it'll be. We've fought so many times and we're still best friends. Hell! You started going to school in another state and we're still friends. You and Blake have been through so much more together. You've gone through murder and trials together so you have to believe that this won't be the thing to end you guys", Bri said confidently as she stood up and came to bend in front of me. I sighed as another tear dropped, "What if he never forgives me? What...". "He will, okay? Just give him time. He's just hurt right now. After sometime, he'll realize how much he loves you and he'll definitely come back", Bri said holding my hands in hers. "It'll be fine Rue. Trust me".

"But it's our usual tradition Rue. You have to be here for our girl's night", Sam whined through the phone. "But I'm not in the mood this time. I just want to go to school by myself", I groaned as I ran my hand through my hair. "Pleaseeee pleaseeeeee. I promise I won't force you to do anything you don't want to", she said with her puppy dog eyes. I sighed, "Fine".

So just like last year mum drove me to Sam's house where we were gonna have our girls night before going to school the next day. "Rue!", Jess squealed as I came down from the car and waved. She hugged me before turning to greet my mum followed closely by Sam who again complimented my mum's skin before letting her go. "Take care of yourself honey!", my mum smiled as I smiled and hugged her while Steven carried my bags inside. Everything felt so familiar, I thought as I circled around the compound.