Fate

JORDAN'S POV

"You can't tell me that you don't harbor any type of feelings for me. Nothing at all", i said glancing at her. "I care about you Jordan. I like you a lot as a person but the only person is love is...", she said slowly.

I twisted and turned in my sleep,

"Stop it! Why him? Tell me! What's so special about him?", I snapped loosing concentration on the road. "Jordan", She said trying to call my attention to the road but I wasn't listening, "He doesn't have as much money as I do! He's in college but I'm right here with you. He's not here anymore but I am so what's so special about him!".

My head hurt and I put my hands around my head trying to contain the pain,

"Jordan!", She called out to me again as I slid off the side of the road and was approaching a parked truck. "Tell me why you love him and not me!", I yelled still oblivious to what I was doing. "Jordan!", She screamed but it was too late.

I shot up from the bed in shock as I tried to control my breathing. I held my chest as I looked around me in the darkness that consumed my room. I got down from the bed, opened the door and slipped out into the hallway. Some doctors and nurses were walking around but they paid no attention to me as I walked briskly through the corridor.

I approached her room and I looked through the transparent glass on the door. She was sitting on her bed and it looked like she was painting. The smile playing on her face was the cutest thing ever. I looked to the side to see the guy I met today, sitting in the corner seats and he was fast asleep.

I can't remember much asides the dream but I'm guessing that I've caused you so much problems Rue, I thought as I watched her smile as she painted. I'm really sorry.

As I turned to leave, I bumped into a nurse who was holding a tray about to go into Rue's room. "So sorry but do you know who that guy is to the patient", I whispered as I pointed at Blake who was still fast asleep. The nurse shrugged, "I think they dated. I'm not sure but at the pond, she said they weren't dating anymore". I nodded and walked away.

"Blake, stop! I can walk", I heard her say from the corner. I quickly hid as they came into view, Blake carrying Rue in his arms smirking, "The doctor said you shouldn't stress yourself". "But you're embarrassing me!", she whined. "Well that's the point", he shrugged laughing as he turned into another corridor. After making sure they were gone, I came back out and continued walking to the kitchen.

"Mum", I smiled as my mum walked into my hospital room. "Jordan darling. I see you're getting better", she smiled as she came forward to hug me. "Jordie there's something I have to tell you", she said pulling away slowly and taking a sit. "Okay", I said waiting for her to speak. She stayed silent for a while before spilling the news, "We're going back to Canada". My eyes shot up immediately in disbelief, "Wh..what?". "I think it'll be conducive for you back at Canada considering your memory loss. I mean, the doctor said you shouldn't stress yourself trying to remember anything but there are all these kids around you that aren't helping", my mum explaining in a sweet tone but I wasn't happy about it, "Those kids are my friends mum". "That you don't remember", she countered back. I stayed silent and she took that as an opportunity to continue, "I'm sorry Jordie but your dad and I have decided that this is what's best for you". I started looking everywhere but her till my eyes landed on the door and I saw Rue with tears in eyes. When she realized that I had seen her, she ran out. "Rue!", I yelled as I pushed past my mum.

"Rue please wait!", I yelled and she finally stopped. Turning her around, I took in her teary face which she quickly wiped with her sleeves. But as the tears kept pouring, I used my hands to wipe them and my head started hurting,

"I just don't know okay? I'm just... I'm just", she fought to say but she choked on her words. I pulled her face up towards me, using my hand to wipe her tears and looked into her eyes, "Hey, Rue. You don't deserve any of what happened with Noah or right now with Blake. I'm sorry you have to go through this".

I held my head in pain and she held my arm, "Jordan, are you okay?". I looked at her and forced myself to smile, "Yeah. Um so what were you doing at my door?". She frowned before nodding and stretching her arm forward. She had a paper in her hand which she nudged in my direction, "I came to give you this". I smiled and took, opening it, I realized that it was painting most definitely the one she was doing last night.

"Do you like it?", she asked eagerly. I looked at the painting of me and a very charming Pokémon by my side. I chuckled, "It's pretty. I love it". She smiled excitedly as I ruffled her hair. "I'll miss you", she said sadly as her eyes went to the ground. I pulled her into a hug, "Even if this past week is all I remember about America, you're still a huge part of it". We stayed there for a while before she pulled away, "Take care of yourself". I nodded as she turned around and walked away.

"All set?", my mum asked as she walked into the room. "Yeah", I said as the nurse handed me the stuff that they took when I was rushed in. "Just incase you care, I asked the doctor when they would release the girl you were with in the car. They said she should be discharged either today or tomorrow. They're just waiting for her guardian so you don't need to worry", she smiled as she patted my shoulder. I smiled, "Thanks mum".

I opened the door for my mum to go through first, I was just about to close it when Blake and Sam stepped in front of me. "Jordan!", Sam gasped while Blake remained silent. "Hey", I said to both of them. "Are you leaving?", Sam asked sadly. I nodded putting up a smile, "Back to Canada. My parents think it's best". Sam gasped beg she hugged me tightly, "I know you don't remember us anymore but I promise you that I'll forever be in your heart". I laughed and thought, Yep she's just as Rue described her. Sam pulled away wiping her tears while I looked up at Blake, "Can we talk?".

After Sam had gone in, we moved to a side of the hospital with less people. "Okay so I don't remember what exactly happened between Rue and I but I remembered that on the night of the accident, we had a huge argument", I said looking intently at Blake who was equally looking intently at me and didn't seem like he was going to say anything so I continued, "I was comparing myself to some guy that she loves. I was asking her stuff like why she likes the other guy and not me and I'm guessing that that other guy is you". I waited for him to respond but he only shrugged so I continued, "I don't know what might've happened but all I know is that girl in there is special and it's a loss that I can't remember her or any of you but if I had done something to the both of you then I'm sorry". He looked at me for a while before smiling, "Never thought I'd hear you say that. In fact I never thought we'd have a conversation about Rue without bashing both our faces". I laughed and stretched out my hand towards him, "We good?". He stared at my hand for a while before he smiled and took it.

I turned to leave when I stopped and turned back, "Also, I think me losing my memory of you guys is fate trying to fix whatever is broken so don't let my memory loss go in vain. Goodbye Blake".

"Are you okay honey?", my mum turned back to me from the front seat. I turned away from my phone to smile and nod at her before turning back. I zoomed in on the picture on Sam's page. We were at the beach and all of Jace's friends were there and Sam captioned it "Got banned from the same beach for the second time for throwing a punch at the same guy". I had a slight ache in my head as another memory flashed,

"You know you didn't have to throw him a punch", She said assessing my hand. I chuckled, "Pokémon, I had to let him know that even though your protector isn't here right now, I'm here and I've got you. Also to let you know that you're not alone"

Sadness engulfed me as I thought to myself before I turned to my mum, "Can we make a stop please? It's really important".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sad right?
I'm in tears😔