YOLO!

RUE'S POV

"This is our chance guys", Gloria said to us as we changed into our outfits and picked our pompoms. "They're gonna love us!", Miranda squealed and danced around with her pompoms. We joined in and started dancing around before the referee ran in, "It's show time guys! Once you hear the drums end and your beat start, move!". We quickly got into our positions and waited for the drums to end. Immediately they ended and our beat started, we started.

The guys first flipped in and stood while we ran in, doing a high jump over our partners who then held us by our waist and spun us around. The crowd went wild and I could see a few people recording. Immediately they dropped us, we did a split before immediately standing then we started forming the team letters. I climbed on Jordan's back as he lifted me up and then I stretched out my hand downwards to Gloria who was standing on the ground then she held Miranda's hand who was standing on her partner, forming our M. Sam and her team formed an H while the last four made the last H while the remaining 3 shook their pompoms dancing around us. Then finally, at the sound of the last beat, we at the top flipped forward and our partners held us bringing us safe to the ground. Everyone gave a standing ovation as I breathed out also feeling Jordan's breath on my neck.

I turned around and Jordan hugged me. I laughed as others came to hug us too. Just then, the whistle blew and the players came running out starting with Jace. We squealed and started jumping around shaking our pompoms. I yelled, "Goodluck!" To Jace but he couldn't hear me cause of the noise. We went into the changing room and changed out of our costumes. I wore Blake's old jersey just to set the spirit and not make Jess feel left out. Sam wore Tyler's jersey as well.

"I recorded everything and sent them to Blake!", Jess squealed as we walked up to her. "You guys were amazing!", Skylar smiled as we took our seats. Immediately I sat, Blake video called me. I smiled and accepted it, "Hey!". "Rue, you were amazing. I didn't know you could do that!", He yelled screaming through the phone. "Yeah! You and my girlfriend! Plus Mira darling", Tyler said butting into the screen. I showed the phone to Sam and Miranda as they waved and blew kisses. "Go call your own girlfriend, dude", Blake said as he shoved Tyler away before smiling at me, "You did good!". "Thanks", I smiled sweetly blushing profusely. Jordan shifted beside me as he mumbled that he was going to get popcorn. I nodded before turning back to the phone, "Jace is playing tonight!". "I know, he called me few days ago asking on some game tips. He's pretty focused on winning this match", Blake said as he walked around before sitting on his couch. "Yeah, at least after this he'd give us more attention", I sighed. Blake laughed, "Hopefully. Hey, is that my jersey?". Miranda yelled, "The match's about to start!". "Alright gotta go! Byeee", I yelled completely ignoring his question. He glared at me as I blew him a kiss before hanging up.

After 5 minutes, I started to wonder why Jordan was taking so long. I dialled his number but it went straight to voicemail. I tried to focus my attention back on the game.

10 minutes later, Jordan came back and sat on his seat quietly. "Hey, what took you so long and where's the popcorn?", I asked as he sat down. He shrugged, "The line was too long so I got tired". Then he faced the players and kept quiet through the entire match which is very unlike Jordan.

"Yesssss!!!!", We jumped and squealed as they announced our school as the winner. I was so happy especially for Jace cause I know he'll be the happiest of us all. I jumped around excitedly as we all ran out of the bleachers into the field. We jumped on Jace as he smiled widely. Sam immediately called Tyler, Blake and Jack and told them that we won. Jack yelled and jumped around while the guys cheered excitedly and congratulated Jace.

The music in Jace's apartment boomed as we walked into the party. Jordan held my hand so that he wouldn't lose me. He was still awfully quiet but at least he wasn't ignoring me. We found a space to sit for a while. "Do you want me to get you something?", He asked. "Soda's fine", I smiled. After he left, I sat and texted Bri about the game and everything that happened. I texted Jordan that I was going out for fresh air and I stood up and started to walk out when Jess stormed past me. "Hey, Jess", I called out to her as I caught up to her. "Guess what? I've been standing beside him all night and he hasn't said a word to me. He's been all in with his teammates while I'm standing there looking like a mannequin", she snapped. "I'm done, meet me at our apartment", she said as she walked out.

I stormed through the crowd of players and finally sighted Jace. "Rue, he...", He started to say but I didn't let him finish as I dragged him by his arm and pulled him out. "How did I do tonight?", He asked smiling. "Can you get your head out of the game and actually focus on your friends?", I snapped. His brows creased in confusion, "What are you talking about, Rue?!". "Where's Jess?", I asked sternly. He shrugged, "She said she was tired and she wanted to leave". "Does that sound like Jess to you? Jess would never leave even if she was tired", I said still glaring at him. He nodded in thought, "Yeah I thought it was weird too but ". "Cause you're acting weird Jace!", I said smacking his arm. He flinched back, "Ow! What did I do?!". "You're making her feel left out! You haven't had time for her since the beginning of this whole match thing and even after it, you're still acting like she's a side buddy", I snapped. Jace immediately looked hurt, "Is that how she feels?". I nodded quietly, "You know she'll never complain to you. Hell, she never complains about any of us". "I didn't know she felt that way. I must've been really carried away. I didn't mean to make her feel that way", Jace said looking really bummed. "You know what to do?", I asked with my brows up. "Yes! I'll fix it don't worry", he immediately said. Then he hugged me mumbling a thank you and then ran out of his apartment. I sighed in relief and fist myself mentally for being a good friend.

I dialled Jordan and he responded saying he was upstairs in Jace's room. I went up and knocked on the door. "Hey", he said opening the door and pulling me in. "Thanks. What's wrong?", I asked as he handed me my soda. "Nothing, the noise from the party is too much for my head", he said sitting on the bed. I followed suit, "That's not what I'm talking about. What's been up with you?". He sighed and kept silent for a bit before he turned to me looking very serious, "What would you do if you like someone but you already know that nothing could happen between you two but you guys are close friends and he's really caring and stuff?".

I thought for awhile before answering, "Well it kinda depends on the reason we can't be together. Is it something reversible or can it be fixed?". "It's a lot more complicated like even if the obstacle is gone, you're not just sure he'd ever date you", he said. I looked at him in the eyes and said, "Well I think that if you guys are really close friends like you said then I see no reason why she can't date you if whatever's between you is gone but if she's never gonna date you then why ruin the beautiful friendship you already have but at the same timeeeee YOLO! So do what you gotta do". He chuckled, "Pokémon, you know you just countered yourself twice". "Take my advice or leave it, your problem", I said laying on the bed. "So do you like someone or why are you asking all these questions?", I said suddenly interested. He cleared his throat and looked around a bit before saying, "Ummm well. I'm actually asking for a friend. He's been pestering me about it all day, that's why I was pressured and I decided to ask you". I nodded in thought, I thought he didn't have anymore friends asides us. Maybe, he's talking about one of those his acquaintances.

"Jace is so gonna kill us", Jordan mumbled as he fell on the bed.

"That is......very true", I responded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~