Bye to Cheerleading

RUE'S POV

It's been weeks since the whole incident and since Blake and I had discussed anything relationship wise. Everyone had somewhat realized that whatever was between Blake and I had certainly severed away. Skylar assured me that whatever is meant to be will be and so I decided to completely set Blake aside and focus on more important stuff like my final exams which are coming up and also applying to colleges of my choice.

Sam is applying for a fashion school considering she wants to be a fashion designer. Jess and Mira both are applying to Harvard. Jace and Jeff's parents want them to go to MIT. Skylar hasn't really discussed anything college with anyone and I'm still writing down a list of colleges I want to go to. Flynn thinks it's better I apply to a max of 3 colleges just so I don't put my eggs in one basket.

"All I want is the Harvard hoodie. You have to send me one when you get there", Sam wiggled her brows at Jess who just laughed as she nudged Mira. I laughed as I stared at the empty page I had been looking at for 30 minutes. "You still haven't written any yet?", Jess asked me. I sat up from my lying position and sighed, "I don't knowwww". "Why are you stressing about this? It's just college", Sam shrugged as she resumed painting her nails. I glanced at her dryly, "It's not just college. College is". "Where you'll get to meet hot guys", Sam interrupted. "And go for mad parties", Mira added smiling. "And get to live some of your best experiences!", Jess smiled. I looked at the three of them and smiled, "Exactly". Mira put her hand on my shoulder, "So when you imagine yourself meeting hot dudes, going for great parties and living the best experiences, what college comes to mind?". I smiled at them as I picked up my notebook and wrote down just two words.

"Alright everyone gather up!", Gloria yelled to all the cheerleaders. Sam, Mira and I smiled to ourselves as we stood in front of the cheerleaders. "Okay so, as you all know, Sam, Mira, Rue and I are preparing for our final exams so we can't participate in cheerleading anymore", Gloria announced. "So this is kinda like a farewell", Mira added. "And also a "thank you so much and we're going to miss you" message", Sam smiled. "You guys made our final year amazing and I hope you all keep our legacy going", I said as I smiled. "Awwnnn", they all cooed as they came around to hug us.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH", everyone screamed as we ran out of the exam hall and straight to the field. Some of us were jumping around, some back flipping, some still screaming. "I'm out of school you motherfuckers!", Jace screamed. I laughed as Jess, Sam and Mira squealed as we hugged each other. "Anyone talk shit about me today imma throw you over the roof", I heard someone yell.

"Picture time!", Sam yelled and everyone gathered around to join the picture which Sam begged a junior to take for us. This is a moment I would never forget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~