First Caller

RUE'S POV

Urghhhhh... I feel awful! I thought as I wiped my nose with the wipes I've clung unto through the night. After I saw Blake off at the airport last night, I've been sulking since then. Now my nose is red and Jordan won't stop laughing at me.

"Boy am I happy that I'm single", he said as he drank his cereal. "Shut up", I muttered as I groaned holding my head.

Summer was great. After our time at the camp, we still tried linking up after that. Jack travelled to England earlier than Tyler and Blake. Before he left, we did a little hangout at his house. I already miss him alot!

Blake came to my house several times after that and we just hung out and had fun. We went on dates and road trips. We even went to the lake! I smiled softly as I recalled the moment,

"What?", Blake asked as I stared at him. "Why are you looking at me like that?", He added as I smiled. I shrugged and turned to face the lake, "Nothing". He scooted closer and whispered in my ear, "I picked a pebble too, so I can remember this moment". I blushed due to the tingling feeling on my neck as he spoke. I smiled as I turned to face him, "I don't need another one cause I already have one right here", I said as I pointed at the necklace he gave me for New year's. He smiled and nodded, "Good, don't lose it". "Never!", I chuckled.

I played with the necklace as I stared at my cereal bowl. "Are you gonna eat that or can I drink the milk?", Jordan asked with his brows raised. I frowned at him as I picked up my bowl and went to my room. I sat on my bed and rang up the one person I know will feel the same way as me right now.

"I was just about to call you! I'm so miserable", she whined as she wiped her red nose and puffy eyes. I smiled as I watched my friend turn sister as she tied her hair into a messy bun. "Isn't that Tyler's hoodie?", I smiled in amusement. Sam sniffed before drawling, "Yeah. I already miss his smell". I laughed as I drank my milk from the bowl directly before dropping it down. I looked at my door absentmindedly as I asked, "Do you think they'll be there yet?". She picked her nails as she thought, "Probably but they'll be jetlagged". "Urghhh I miss his hugs already", Sam groaned as she fell on her bed.

"Should we add Jess?", I asked as I started scrolling through my phone to add her. "Yeah sure, let's bring in the one who is probably with her boyfriend at the moment", she replied dryly. I laughed as Jess immediately picked. "Heyyyyyy!!!", She squealed. "Hiiiiii!", I squealed back as Sam waved at her. "Awwnnn you guys look like someone ran through your noses with a lawn mower!", Jess said laughing. "Huge compliment Jess! Wow, thank you!", Sam groaned. "Where's Jace?", I asked as I laid fully on my back. "Yeah where's your boyfriend cause I'm sure he's not a plane away from you", Sam asked in a too cheery tone. Jess laughed loudly before speaking, "He went to some concert, I don't know". "Well I know where my boyfriend is.... A plane away from me!", Sam sulked.

We have a few days before we resume. I've been hanging out with Bri, Natalie and Jules. Bri and Jeff haven't exactly opened up to us about whatever is going on between them so we're just kinda watching from the sidelines. We're all going to be in our senior year and I can't help but wonder what this year has in store for us.

After all of last year's happenings, I'm sure I can face anything right now. I still think about Noah once in a while and I still haven't stopped with the panic attacks but Kate, my therapist said I would overcome it since. If she did it for Blake, she can do it for me, so I thought.

I walked up Natalie's porch and knocked the door. Seconds later, it opened revealing a very excited Jules. "Rue!", She smiled and hugged me before dragging me. We went straight to the back to join the others. "Guess who finally decided to grace us with her presence", Ben said as he gestured towards me. Joe and Bri turned to my direction and waved. I smiled and waved at Joe as I walked up to Bri. "So how's gummy doing so far without her bear", she smirked at me. I sighed as I started and laid back on the seat to bathe in the sun, "Miserable but I have to get used to it". "Called him yet?", She asked as she gave me her smoothie. I took a huge sip of it before speaking, "Nah. He's going to be jetlagged so I want him to rest a little bit". She smiled widely, "Awwnn, how thoughtful. At least it's just for this year, then he can whisk you off to college with him". If I go to NYU, I thought. I shook the thought out of my head as I turned to look at her intently, "So you and Jeff...". She immediately stood up and yelled, "Yes Natalie! I heard you calling!", Then she ran away leaving me in my laughing fit.

"Hey! I'm back!", I yelled as I walked into my home, kicking off my sneakers at the door. "How was Natalie's?", Flynn asked.

So after the awkward hospital incident, Flynn insisted on coming to check on me once in a while and now once a week. He says he just wants to make sure I'm okay but we both know it's cause he's into my mum. After his divorce, his ex wife took Amy, his daughter and he's only allowed to see her on weekends and it really affected him but I think he's happier now. I'm grateful to him cause I can see my mum looking happier and less worried. They haven't told us what's going on yet. Everytime we ask mum, she goes "we're just friends. He's just been helping me out alot" but Jordan and I know it's more than that.

Most people won't be okay with their mums dating their boyfriend's ex lawyer but I don't care as long as she's happy and Flynn's been a huge support system for me since last year. Plus, he loves football so Jordan adores him. My mum deserves to move on and be happy. I mean, it's been 6 years already.

"It was good. I had fun", I smiled at me. He smiled back as he continued chopping the vegetables. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that he's an amazing cook! "Your mum went to get groceries and Jordan's at his friend's place", he said as he focused his concentration on his cutting. I smiled as I sat on the kitchen stool, "I've been meaning to ask... Where'd you learn to cook?". He didn't look up from the chopping board as he spoke, "Well considering my job, most of the time I had to travel to several states to defend people, so I had to learn to cook for myself and sometimes if Erica was pissed at me for coming home late, she'd make dinner for only herself and Amy. I had to learn at some point". I watched him closely as he poured the vegetables in the pot and stirred them, "Do you miss her?". He sighed and his shoulders lagged as he spoke, "Yeah, everyday. Sometimes I drive by her school during recess to watch her play in the playground and sometimes after school when she's waiting for Erica". There was a long silence before he cleared his throat and smiled at me, "Well enough about me, how're you? Considering Blake's gone to college now".

Flynn and Blake had bonded alot through the summer when Blake would come over and the three of them, including Jordan would play ball through the entire day and my mum and I would sit and watch them. Blake definitely adores Flynn and is still grateful to him, I am too. Cause without him, Blake would probably be in jail by now.

I shrugged, "I don't know... I guess I'm a little sad but there's nothing I can do. I can't stop him from going to school just cause we're dating right?". He smiled, "Yeah you can't. Anyways, He and Tyler have checked out the apartment. It's great. He sent me photos and" "Wait, you've spoken to him?!", I asked in shock. "Yeah, I called to see if he had landed and", Flynn continued to say, confused at my reaction. "I wanted to be the first!", I sulked. "Oops", he muttered still smiling. I stomped my feet on the floor as I walked to my room and dialled his number.

"Hey Evans!", He picked up immediately. "Hey", I replied dryly. "What's wrong? You sound upset", He said through the phone. "I am! I wanted to be the first to call you but Flynn went ahead and called you", I said grumbling. He laughed lightly and it brought back the feeling of longing I had pushed aside all day. I miss him so much already. "Oh Evans, what's the big deal? I mean Sam called Tyler and I earlier and". My eyes widened even more, "Wait Sam called too?!". "Now now babe, no need to get furious. I didn't talk to her, Tyler did. I was waiting for you", he said in a low voice like almost as if he was whispering. I blushed profusely as I remained speechless. "I can totally see you blushing", he said with amusement laced in his voice. "Shut up", I muttered. He laughed as I laid on my bed and smiled, "I miss you so much". "I miss you so much more", he immediately replied.

"Dude, there's a problem! I think I got the arrangement all wrong!", I heard Tyler tell in the background. I laughed as Blake groaned, "Sorry, Tyler's setting up the furniture. I'll call you later?". The smile fell from my face as I became sad again but I didn't let him hear it, "Sure. I'll be waiting". "Okay cool. Love you!", He yelled. "Love you too", I yelled too, faking excitement.

Immediately he hung up, I stared at the ceiling as I thought to myself,

What's this year gonna be like?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So it's senior year!!!!
Blake's in college and Rue's kinda depressed about it... Sighhh
Flynn is now a major character in her life, makes me so happy...
Can't wait to see how school will be...