Nice To Meet You

RUE'S POV

I don't know how but everyone knows about our break up, thanks to the JuicyGist website. I don't know how whoever runs the website did it but yeah, the news is out and people have been glancing at me and spreading rumors of what they did caused our breakup. Skylar said the rumors would die in a week time but it's been two weeks and nothing has changed.

I sat in class with my head down waiting the teacher. "Hey Rue. Is it true that you cheated on Blake with Tyler?", a random voice asked. I tried to zone the voice out but the person kept pestering me, "Just tell us what happened? Was it Blake? Did he get it with a college girl?". I was about to lash out when someone did the favors for me. "Can you fucking stop? It's been 2 weeks now. Move on!", Jace snapped at the person who scurried away then he sat beside me and held my hands. "Are you okay?", He asked. "Yeah", I muttered as I kept my gaze on my book.

I have been trying to avoid everyone in school including Jordan. His was quite easy because everyone was pretty pissed at him for what he did so he barely sat at our table or came over to the apartment.

I walked out of the classroom and was immediately thrusted into the arms of someone. "Rue! Oh my God, I've been trying to reach you", Lizzy exclaimed as she hugged me tightly. "Lizzy, I ruined it. You warned me to tell him sooner but...". "Sh shh it's okay. Let's go drop your stuff in your locker then we can talk elsewhere", she said. I nodded and we started walking down the hall.

After dropping my stuff, Lizzy and I walked to the ice cream parlor and we talked for hours. I told her everything that happened and she nodded, taking in every word. Afterwards, she spoke to me and said basically everything every other person has been saying. "It'll be fine" "You guys are meant to be" "Give him time". "It's 8 o'clock already? God! I lost track of time. I have to go now", Lizzy said looking sad. "No it's fine. I need to get to the apartment as well".

As we exited the parlor, we were about to say our goodbyes when someone walked up to me, "Rue". I looked up, "Jordan". "Can we talk? I can drop you at the apartment", he pleaded. "Jordan I'm not in the mood for...", I started to say. "Please Rue. Just a word", he said. I glanced at Lizzy who just shrugged and I sighed, "Fine". Lizzy and I bade ourselves goodbye before we both went into separate cars.

"How have you been?", he asked as we drove silently. "Not great all thanks to you", I shrugged as I played with my fingers. Jordan sighed, "I'm sorry alright but he aggravated me". "You promised me!", I snapped as I felt my blood boil, "and because of you, the person that I love won't see or talk to me and my life is just in shambles". "I'm sorry to say this Rue but Blake doesn't deserve you. He's...", Jordan started to say but I wasn't having it, "Don't you dare! You don't get to say anything about who I choose to love Jordan. You betrayed me and you broke my trust and now my relationship is ruined all thanks to you". Jordan maintained his sight on the road as he said, "What am I to you Rue? Some kinda joke? You kissed me, if you've forgotten. You were the one who kissed me knowing that I have feelings for you. You used me!". I looked at him enraged, "I was vulnerable! I was weak! I wasn't thinking straight". The speed at which Jordan started driving rose by seconds but it didn't click to both of us because of the heat of the conversation we were having. "You can't tell me that you don't harbor any type of feelings for me. Nothing at all", he said glancing at me. "I care about you Jordan. I like you a lot as a person but the only person is love is...", I said slowly. "Stop it! Why him? Tell me! What's so special about him?", Jordan snapped and that was when I noticed how fast he was going and he wasn't even concentrating on the road anymore. "Jordan", I said trying to call his attention to the road but he wasn't listening, "He doesn't have as much money as I do! He's in college but I'm right here with you. He's not here anymore but I am so what's so special about him!". "Jordan!", I tried again as I started getting afraid when I noticed he slid off the side of the road and was approached a parked truck. "Tell me why you love him and not me!", He yelled. "Jordan!", I screamed but it was too late. We slammed into the back of the truck with full speed and I blacked out.

"She's been gone for a day doctor. What's going on?", I heard a voice say. Accompanied by another voice saying, "She's showing signs of improvement. She should be conscious soon".

My eyes opened and I shut it immediately due to bright light coming from the bed right above where I was lying and I immediately knew it was the hospital. Fragments of the accident popped into my brain the moment I tried to sit up. "Rue!", my mum gasped as she ran up to me, my brother, Jordan by her side. "Oh honey i was so scared! Jordan, go call Flynn!", my mum said as she hugged my head to her chest. Jordan nodded glancing worriedly at me before running out. Few minutes later, Jordan ran back in. This time, with Flynn tailing him. "Rue! Oh thank God!", he exclaimed as he held my hands.

Minutes later, the door burst open and my friends came running in. "Oh thank goodness!", Jess exclaimed as she ran to my side. "She's awake!", Sam said to someone on the phone before hanging up and hugging me. Mira, Jace, Jeff and Skylar came in behind them and my mum and Flynn excuses themselves. "Shawna said she couldn't make it cause of work but that I should give these to you", Skylar said handing me flowers and an ice cream in my favorite flavor. I smiled as I scanned their faces, realizing one person was missing. "Wh..where's Jordan? How is he?", I asked. Everyone looked down as Mira replied, "He isn't conscious yet". My heart sank as I remembered the accident again. Jace walked up and sat beside me, "Let's be happy that at least you're awake! Thank God for Lizzy. She was the one who phoned to say that she had been trying to call you to ask how your conversation with Jordan went but you never picked and that was how we called 911 and they found you by the road!". I sat speechless as everyone thanked Lizzy. Yet again, she saved my life. Thank you Lizzy.

I've been at the hospital for 4 days now. The sprains in my ankle and my arm are better but they still hurts. Shawna came to see me the next day followed by Lizzy who I couldn't stop thanking. Flynn finally convinced my mum to go back home that he'd be personally checking on me till I get discharged. Jace and the guys have been sneaking in food for me while the girls made sure to keep me updated on everything going on outside the hospital. I had a video call with Bri, Natalie, Jules, Jake and Ben yesterday and they all promised to send gifts which I really don't need but who am I to say no? Tyler called me yesterday and asked how I was although I was more interested in knowing how Blake was. Jack called me this morning. Sam's parents called as well. Then there was Bryan, Brandon, people from school I didn't know, even Alec, Blake's friend called. I felt happy with the amount of love I was getting but how I wished that they were all from the one person whose love I really want.

"He's awake!", Mira exclaimed as she burst into the room with Jace and Sam. "What?", I asked sitting up. "Jordan's conscious!", Sam squealed.

I sneaked out of my room and we excitedly ran actually I limped, to his room. We met Jess, Skylar and Jeff in front of the room. We opened the door to see Jordan sitting up talking to his parents. We approached him and he turned around to look at us confusedly. "Jordan! Are you okay?", Jess asked as we came over.

"I don't know how you know my name but thanks, I'm good", He smiled at us.

"What?", Jess muttered as we all stared at Jordan confused as to what he meant but Jordan was oblivious to our confusion. He watched us closely until he spotted Jace then he smiled, "Oh Jace dude! Didn't see you there. Are these your friends. I didn't see them yesterday at the concert". Jace looking very confused asked, "Yesterday? What do you mean? The concert was last year and these are our friends". Jordan looked at us confusedly, "Our? How is that possible? I've never even met them. Oh wait, did I hurt you at the concert yesterday. We're both in hospital gowns" he said looking at me. I slowly walking up to him, " Jordan, what are you saying. It's me, Rue".

"Hey Rue, I'm Jordan. Nice to meet you", he said with a charming smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dum!!!! It's done!
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!