Full of Surprises

RUE'S POV
School has finally come to an end and Christmas is fast approaching. Everyone was so happy about our success at South East High. Blake and I have moved past what happened but every time I try to tell him about it, something always comes up. I hate that I'm keeping it from him for so long. I hate that I'm keeping it from everyone! My heart aches every time Blake video calls just to see me or says that he loves me more than anything in the world. What I have done will shatter his heart. I should tell someone about this but who?

Sam is his sister and Jess, well Jess is just as much of a best friend to her and to me.

Wait, Skylar!
I'm very sure he'll know what to do!

I knocked on the door eagerly and immediately it opened, I expected to see Skylar but it turned out to be Ryan. "Rue! How're you? It's been long", he smiled. I smiled as I quickly walked past him, "I'm good. Um where's Skylar? I really need to talk to him". Ryan seemed confused at my haste to see Skylar as he scratched his neck, "He's upstairs but I don't think it's the right time to..." but I was already flying up the stairs.

"Skylar we need to...", I froze as my mouth hung at what I saw in the room. Skylar and the girl I don't know flew apart from each other as they gaped at me. "So sorry ", I squeaked as I excused myself and shut the door behind me. I paced in front of the door wondering when I missed it. Then the door opened and Skylar came out looking very flushed.

"All I want to know is when,how and where?!", I said as I gestured to his room door. "Rue listen. I'm sorry and I didn't mean to keep this from you. It's really nothing serious. That's Shawna and she's just a friend", Skylar said and I rose my brows at him, "You expect me to believe that after what I was about to witness 5 minutes ago?". He smiled uncomfortably, "Believe it or not, that was the first time we would try that. I really really like her and I want to give this a chance". I smiled as he spoke as he blushed furiously. For months now, I had wondered if Skylar would ever move on from Bethany. I was afraid that he'd decide to be celibate forever but here he was, crushing on someone again. I'm so happy for him and I would do anything to make this work. "Introduce me to the lady this instant!", I said in my fakest British accent.

"Shawna, this is Rue, my bestest friend and Rue, this is Shawna, my um..." "It's alright. We're getting there", I smiled as I stretched out my hand to Shawna who smiled politely and took it, "Hey Rue. Finally nice to meet you. I have heard a lot about you". "Good things I suppose", I smiled warily. "We'll see", she smirked. "I like you already!", I squealed as I hugged her. She was beautiful with long brown hair, lovely brown eyes and oh that model body shape.

Tomorrow's our last day of school, I thought to myself as I strolled back to the apartment. This time, last year, Blake and I were talking in front of my dorm about heat we were going to do with our holidays.

""Hey", I said as I walked up to him. He turned to me smiling before pulling into a frown. I stood puzzled, "What happened?". He smacked his hand on his head before scolding me, "Why are you only in a tank top and shorts? Can't you see the weather is cold? I'm not getting you another chicken noodle soup if that's what you want". I widened my eyes as I understood his words. I started stuttering, " well umm Bri was teasing me and I just wanted to get out really fast. I'm sorry". He just stared at me before taking off his hoodie and putting it over my head, "I'm not a gentleman so don't think I'll be doing this alot". I blushed before putting on the hoodie. I hugged him tightly as I spoke, "So Why'd you come all the way here?". He smirked at me, "Is there a crime in coming to see my girlfriend before our holiday". I smiled sweetly, "Oh I see. Are you trying to say you'll miss me?". He scoffed pulling away from me, "You've gotten it all wrong Evans". I moved to his side smiling, "Then explain to me Andrews". "Whatever", he muttered. I laughed loudly as I watched him frown before hugging him, "I'll miss you too".

Then he went ahead and surprised me at my house for New Year's. I wonder what he's planned for this year. I smiled as I walked quietly feeling the cold evening breeze and imagining Blake scolding me for not wearing a sweater.

"We are going with my parents babe", Jace groaned as Hess hurried to throw her clothes into her box. We didn't have time last night cause we had our girls night and we also woke up late so now we're all struggling to pack which meant dumping all our stuff into the boxes.

"I heard you the first time Jace! So what's the problem?", she yelled as she sat on the box trying to close it. "They're already outside!", Jace yelled frustrated with Jess. I laughed as I wheeled my box past her room to the living room.

"Can we take our picture now?", Sam groaned as she ate her cereals. Mira and Shawna were talking about nude lipsticks in a corner. I turned to the guys who were engrossed in the game Jeff was playing. Jordan looked genuinely interested but Skylar was more interested in Shawna's face than the game. I laughed as I walked up to him, hitting his head "Hello lovesick puppy". He glared at me while I greeted the others before eventually going to sit with Shawna and Mira.

Shawna was officially introduced to the group last night through a video call because I couldn't keep my mouth shut when I got back. Everyone insisted that Skylar bring her along today so we could all meet her before leaving.

"Alright alright I'm done", Jess announces as she came into the living room dragging her boxes while Jace was carrying her bags. "Picture time!", Sam squealed as everyone gathered around. Shawna stood far away but Sam dragged her in, "You're part of us now so you're obligated to be in every group selfie". Everyone laughed as Shawna made a face before smiling into the camera. "Say Christmas", Jess screamed. "Christmas!", we yelled as the camera went click.

"So how was the game?", Flynn asked asked as he drove through the traffic. Jordan sat up and poked his head through the seats, "Yes I want to know! All my friends have been asking and I told them that you guys would definitely win!"  I smiled, "And we did! Jace scores the last goal". Jordan clapped his hands, "I knew it!"  I shook my head smiling as I turned to Flynn, " Flynn would you believe if I told you that almost everyone knew about the murder case. I mean, we were getting stares and someone even asked for a picture". Flynn laughed, "Really? Well I knew that it went viral because I even got crazy contracts because of it". "I even saw Brody!", I added. "Oh that kid? How is he now?", Flynn smiled as he stopped at the red light. "He's better. He looks happier. Oh and Blake was there. He surprised us", I smiled as I pulled out the photo we took to show him. Flynn shook his head smiling, "That kid is full of surprises".  "That's what I said", I smiled proudly as I sat back and zoomed in the photo to his face while the light turned green and Flynn continued driving.