Pokemon

RUE'S POV

I don't think I've ever been in a more awkward position than this, I thought to myself as Jordan's hands rested on my waist as he tried to lift me up over his shoulders but my body was resisting. Why? I don't know!

Jordan sighed for the 10th time as Gloria groaned. "What's going on, you guys?! You're one the best dancers and your flows are amazing so what's going on?", Gloria asked. Sam and Miranda just stood and watched. "Tell her to trust me and let loose", Jordan said as he walked off to the bleachers. They turned to me with their brows raised. I feigned confusion, "What?!". Sam groaned and said, "Rue, why are you holding back?". I shrugged, "I don't know, okay?" But I did know and I wasn't going to admit it. I had a feeling Sam and Miranda both knew as well. "Alright guys, we're done for today", Gloria yelled as she clapped. Everyone shuffled out and Gloria turned to me, pointing at Jordan's back as he walked out and mumbled, "Fix it".

I smiled to myself as rolled the dough on the board. I had flour all over my apron and my hair. Sam and Jess walked out of the rooms towards the kitchen, "You're really serious about this", Jess smiled. "Yup, if I wanna be comfortable around him enough to let loose then he's gotta stop ignoring me and the only way to his heart is his stomach", I said smiling as I turned the chocolate. I got Sam to ask him for his favourite food and that's what I'm baking then I'm going to go over to his house and give it to him. He'll have no choice but to talk to him. "Awwwwwnnn so you care!", Sam squealed. I rolled my eyes, "Yeah about the dance Sam. Focus!". "Whatever", she smiled as she walked off yelling and dragging Jess with her, "Jess and I are going shopping! See you later". I heard the door shut then went back to my baking.

I smiled proudly to myself as I got dressed in my usual jeans and a top. I decided to throw in a sweater just in case. My eye went to my moon necklace that Blake gave me last year. I giggled as I put it on and immediately grabbed my purse and walked out. With the package in my hands, I got down from the bus and started walking. Jordan's house is the farthest from school cause it's in all these quiet and exquisite estates for rich people. I almost felt small when we came to his house before and now I feel even smaller. Suddenly, I felt a drop of water on my forehead. I instinctively looked up and realized that it was drizzling. "No no no no", I muttered as I tried to cover my gift. The rain started to pour so I took off my sweater and wrapped it around the food. "No one's ruining my effort, not even you Mr Cloud so you better stop being a cry baby and shut the hell up!", I yelled to the sky. Thankfully, no one was around to see me or so I thought before I heard a loud honk from behind me. I yelped as I jumped to the side. The car pulled up beside me and the tinted window glass came down revealing a man around his 50s' smiling at me, "Hey sweetie. Why are you standing in the rain". I blinked twice before answering this complete stranger, "Actually my friend lives here. I'm going to his house and...". "Oh then come in. I'll drop you off", he smiled at me.

I'm in a difficult position right now. I could either run around in the rain, get a huge cold and risk my pastries getting wet or I could take this nice offer of a complete stranger. He does look like a really nice guy and I really want to get out of the rain. I'm sorry, mum, I thought to myself as I nodded and got into the car.

"So where exactly are you headed?", The man asked as he steer the wheel. "Uhm it's just a few streets ahead", I said. "Can I know the family name? It'll be easier for me. We all know ourselves here", He said smiling sweetly. I nodded, "The Maxwell's". The man smiled, "Oh the new family, very kind people and their son, the absolute sweetest". I smiled as I mumbled, "Yeah". This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

He pulled up to the front of their house and smiled to me. I thanked him as I picked up my package and stepped out of the car. I turned to wave at the man. "Are those for him? The son?", The man asked. I nodded shyly. He laughed, "You must really like him". My eyes opened widely as I stuttered, "No it's... it's not like that. We're... we're just friends". The man laughed and drove off. I stood there dumbfounded as the gate opened and the guard came out. I finally regained my sense of speech, "I'm here to see Jordan". "Name?", The guard asked. "Rue", I immediately responded. He went right back in and in a few minutes, the gate opened. I was escorted to the entrance and Jordan was already standing there, face neutral and hands behind his back as he stared at me.

"Hey", I said nervously. "Hey what's up? You're drenched. You should've told me that you were coming so I could have someone pick you up", He said. I chuckled, "But that would've ruined the whole surprise". He smiled as he gestured for me to come in. My slides made squeaky sounds with the tiles as I tried to walk in gently causing Jordan to laugh. "You can take them off there and wear mine", he pointed at the corner where the slides, sandals and boots are arranged. I took of mine and wore his as we walked into the house. He led me upstairs and I remembered he said only his parent's visitors stay in the living room downstairs but when we passed his lair and kept walking, I started to wonder. We stopped in front of a door and he gestured for me to go in. I poked my head in before walking inside. "Wow", I voiced out. He shut the door behind him and I immediately turned around. "Calm down Pokémon, I'm not tryna kill you", he said laughing as he walked into his closet. Yes, he walked into it cause it's a freaking walk-in closet!

I looked around the really big room. He has a king size bed, a game station, TV, a sofa, he even has a balcony! "Aren't you coming?", He yelled from inside the closet. I hurriedly stumbled into the closet and I was lost of words. There were sections everywhere, sections for shirts and then subsection for V or round necks, same for shoes and trousers. Omg I see Yeezy! Come to think of it, I've never seen Jordan repeat clothes before. "Here", he said and my mind snapped back to reality. He handed me a fresh shirt and shorts. "You're dripping all over my house. Wear this and meet me in the room", he smiled. I smiled back and took it and just before he left, he said, "Oh and don't feel weird. I've never worn those" before walking out. I stared at the black shirt and shorts for a minute to make sure he's gone before taking off my clothes.

I held the package in my hand as I walked out of the closet and searched around the room but he wasn't here then I looked over to the balcony and spotted his black curly hair. I walked into the balcony and the breeze immediately blew my hair making it fly around like crazy. I tried to hold it in one piece but it wasn't working. Jordan turned around and laughed. "Good to know you're finding happiness in my struggle", I said rolling my eyes. He just kept laughing. "Is this what usually happens with everyone or it's just extremely windy today?", I asked, finally tying my hair in a bun. He shrugged as he sat on the seat, "How will I know? No one's been here but me but yeah it's normally really windy". I looked over the railings looking at the lands and houses far off. "What's that?", Jordan asked. I turned to see that he was pointing at the bag I was holding. Oh I almost forgot...

"This was supposed to soften your heart so you'd stop ignoring me", I said as I handed the bag to him. He smiled and collected the bag opening it excitedly. "No way! No way!", He screamed as he dropped the bag and flew out of the chair. I laughed as he jumped around. "You got me croissants?", He screamed. "Taste it first", I said smiling widely. He eagerly took a bite out of one and he moaned, "Oh my God! You got the one with chocolate in it? How'd you get it? I haven't found any around here!". "I made it", I simply said. He froze and looked at me, "You're kidding". "Nope", I said popping the "p". "You're freaking amazing!", He screamed as he hugged me and lifted me up spinning me around. I laughed as he put me down and quickly went back to the croissants, "I'm happy you like them". "Like? I love them!", He said with his mouth full.

"Why were you ignoring me?", I asked. He froze and remained silent for a bit before chewing all that was left in his mouth, "I was sorting out stuff". I rose my brows, "That's why you had to ignore me? I thought I did something wrong". "Nope, it's all me but I'm sorry. I won't snub you anymore. You're now my most favourite person in the world!", He said smiling. "Argue that with Jack", I said laughing.

"Who?", He asked.

"My British paddy", I smiled widely remembering all the times Jack had mentioned that I was his most favourite person in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~