The Beginning of An End

RUE

"This joint venture project is going to be worth billion of dollars. My company is covering the expenses of all the materials needed for the project and I mean, every single item on the Bill of Quantities would be catered by me. All you'll have to do, Mr Clarke, is sign those documents and we'll continue from there", Rue smiled directly at the future client that was going to seal her breakthrough.

"Ms Evans, Mrs Reginald would like a meeting to discuss the family house she offered for sale", Leslie, her PA said as she hurried after her swift boss. "How much did she say she wanted it to go for?", Rue asked as she scrolled through her phone merely glancing at her PA who was rushing to catch up with her. "A million dollars", her assistant replied. Rue scoffed, "It's never going to sell for that price. Cancel the deal". Leslie gaped at her boss who made her way to the Lamborghini waiting for her.

SAM

"It's not ready yet?", Samantha Andrews-Mckenny asked one of her employees who stared at the ground and shook her head. "Macy, Beyoncé needs that dress by Thursday. What's taking so long?", Sam glared at her worker who just politely, "I'm sorry ma'm but there's a lot of sequins on the dress that we have to cover". Sam stood up from her rolling chair and sashayed over to her worker, "I don't care about the sequins. We are the Fashion Royale and we deliver on time. Got it?". "Yes...yes ma'm", Macy, the young apprentice stuttered as she feared that she would lose her job at the very exquisite fashion company that is Fashion Royale owned by Mrs Samantha Andrews-McKenny, wife of popular surgeon Tyler Mckenny.

JESS

"Hey, what's your name?", Jess smiled at the young girl at the front of the line of people waiting for Jess's autograph. "Shawna", the girl smiled widely. Jess smiled before picking her pen, "Well Shawna, you wouldn't believe it but I once had a friend whose name was Shawna and because of that, I like you already", she signed the front of her book and turned to the back to do the same. Then she flipped the back cover and spared a glimpse at her bio.

Jessica O'Neil, a renowned author. Published her first book "Trusting You" 3 years ago, which gained recognition in the whole of United States and the world. She has won numerous awards...

Blah blah blah, she thought...

"Want a selfie?", she asked the girl looking up from the book. "Yes please", the girl squealed as Jess stood up and hugged the girl tightly as her mother took the picture before she thanked Jess and walked away.

"Hey", the next guy said as he approached the table.

MIRA

"The accused came home at exactly 10:15pm. He finds the body at exactly 10:20pm. 5 minutes from the front door to the master bedroom. That is enough time for the killer to escape through the window or better still find a place to hide because as the accused also mentioned, when he saw the body, he immediately ran downstairs to call 911. There was no blood on his clothes and he wasn't trying to cover his tracks so I would say that my client, Mr Janko is wrongly accused. I rest my case", Mira confidently said before walking back to her seat.

The jury smiled and admired Miranda Williams for her courage as she spoke and the aura at which she carried herself.

"Thank you so much, Mrs Williams", Mr Janko bowed continuously in overwhelming happiness while Mira just smiled, "You don't have to do that. I just did my job". Then she sashayed out of the court with every man's eyes trained on her.