The Love Potion

Chapter 2 –   The Reverse

“WITCH WITCH.”  The boy continued to scream and thrash about in his bed. He looked like if I was standing close to him he would have broken my neck.

“Please calm down…….. I- I swear I h-haven’t done anything.” I tried to assure him.

“WITCH WITCH.” He screamed.

Several people came bursting through the door, one of them was my father. Oh gosh, if he found out what I had done he would murder me this time for sure, I fidgeted nervously.

“Christina what the hell.” He asked. He was probably surprised to see a brain dead patient whom he had diagnosed would never wake up, eyeballing me and screaming.

“She has bewitched me.” The boy yelled.

“What.” My dad said confused. He turned to look at me, I gave him a dumb look that said I had no idea what the boy was going on about.

“Wait outside” dad said and I walked out trembling, I couldn’t believe what had happened.

Ten minutes later my dad emerged out of the boy’s room. “Christina did you buy a love potion from Zoë’s and use it on Kevin” my dad spoke quietly; but I could see anger flaming in his eyes.

“What ……..No I didn’t.” I lied quickly. “Dad even if I did buy a love potion why would I use it on a total stranger.” I added when I noticed my dad still did not believe me.

“Then why is Kevin saying you’ve bewitched him with a love potion.”

“Come on dad, he’s a brain dead patient who just woke up, do you seriously think anything he says at this moment has any sense in it.”

“You had better be telling the truth young lady because I’ve had enough with this stupid obsession of yours with that magic shop.”

“I’m not lying.”

“He wants to see you, do not upset him.” my dad warned me.

“Kevin wants to see me.” I asked, the memory of him screaming at me flashed before me. I walked back into Kevin’s room halfheartedly; when I opened the door instead of entering I lingered by the doorway where I was sure I would be safe.

He stared at me from the doorway with sad eyes; he didn’t look like he wanted to strangle me anymore. I watched him quietly all of a sudden feeling guilty and ashamed for no reason.

“Please undo it….. There’s this girl who I like and I’ve been told ever since my accident she comes here daily, if you don’t reverse what you did I’ll be stuck with you. Please I need to be with her.” Kevin begged.

My heart sank; something sharp was poking my heart. He wants someone else. I was sure it was the love potion that was making me care about him but it hurt all the same. He continued to look at me with his sad eyes. I nodded and walked away. Kevin was right I had to reverse it, he was in love with someone else and it wouldn’t be right to keep him beside me because of a love potion. I wanted to march over to the magic shop right away but my dad insisted on taking me back home, so my trip to the magic shop would have to wait.

‘”Hey I bought the love potion and used it on Tim….. It worked we’re getting married.” Brianna screamed jumping up and down with the excitement of a three year old.

I glared at her furious; it was because of her that I had gotten myself in this mess with Kevin.

“Hey I said I was getting married.” Brianna pouted when she noticed I wasn’t listening.

“If you stopped thinking of yourself for one minute you’ll remember that I said I spilled the original love potion on someone.”

“Yeah what happened with that?” Brianna said coming to sit on my bed.

“Get out.” I yelled at her, this was serious and she was treating it as if it was some juicy piece of gossip she had stumbled across.

That night I slept rather easily. But something started to scream terribly the minute my eyes closed. I opened my eyes to see what it was. When I did, I realized immediately, I wasn’t in my room anymore but outside in the woods, that was odd. What was I doing in the woods? It was very dark and there was fog everywhere.

“This is your fault look, what you’ve done to us you little witch.” I spun around to see Kevin standing close; he seemed very disturbed and alarmed.

“Kevin why are we in the woods.” I asked puzzled, the last thing I remember doing was falling asleep, this couldn’t be a dream because it was so real.

“You’re here because I need your souls.”

The fog cleared, a woman with white hair and yellow eyes stood in front of us. As she advanced towards us I wanted to run or say something but I couldn’t move, I was completely frozen, unable to control my body. She smiled at the two of us as she came closer. I stared at Kevin; he too was unable to move and looked just as terrified as I was.

The woman with the yellow eyes took out a sword and grabbed my hand, as she pressed the sword to my wrist I fell down in pain. The sword was hot. After she let the sword go there was drawing of a snake instead of a burn mark. She did the same thing to Kevin. After that she pulled me off the ground and slit my throat. I screamed this time, it was like a boiling liquid was been poured down my throat, Kevin was also screaming I guess she had slit his throat too. Before my eyes closed I heard her say.

“I will find you two and when I do, I’ll drain the blood out of you both.” She threatened.

I wanted to ask her why she was doing this to us but my eyes closed and I woke up sweating profusely on my bed. I checked my wrist, it was swollen and there snake tattoo on my wrist. my throat was sore. My God what was happening?

The next morning I marched over to Zoë’s magic shop. They had to reverse it because I was sure this weird dream had to do with the magic potion. However when I arrived I found cops crawling all over the magic shop. Apparently, last night the shop had been attacked and the woman who had sold me the magic potion had been killed. I stumbled away from the magic shop numb. I didn’t know exactly what was happening but I was willing to bet my life that, the attack on the magic shop had something to do with the yellow eyed lady. Something terrible was about to happen I could feel it.

                                                            To be continued…………..