The Love Potion - The Wiccan Leader

Chapter 14 – The WICCAN LEADER

“Christina………Christina……………CHRISTINA WAKE UP.”

“Mmmm.”  I mumbled lazily, why the hell was he screaming.

“Wake up this instant.” Kevin yelled at me again. I could tell he was furious.

The first thing I realized when my eyes opened was that I was tied to a chair with rope, I gasped stunned, the next thing I saw was Kevin sitting across from me also tied to a chair, we were in a cabin I think, I say this because I could see trees outside and the room we were in was built with wood.

There room was almost empty except for an old sofa which was covered in moth, sitting in the extreme corner of the room and an old fireplace which was covered with cobwebs; I doubt it had been lighted in years. Why were we here? I asked myself, then immediately recalled the old man who had been in the graveyard.

I started to look around in panic searching for him, it was a while before I felt someone’s eyes watching me, I turned around to find Kevin staring at me with an exasperated look.

“What.” I hissed at him angrily.

“Look at the mess you have gotten us into.”  He yelled. I stared at him and rolled my eyes, Yep the real Kevin was back, he kept on talking about how he should stay away from me because I was bad luck and I was going to get him killed.

“That’s no way to talk to your girlfriend.” I spat at him, god was is it possible to love someone and hate him with the same measure at the same time.

“I was under the influence of Zoë’s spell. You will never be my girlfriend I hate you.” Kevin yelled.

I nodded, I wanted to cry at those hateful utterances he was making but I stood my ground, I want going to have another break down in front of him ever again.

“Well…. I hate you too.” I spat at him.

We didn’t speak again, we didn’t even look at each other until we heard the door opening behind us, the old man who had been in the graveyard with us limped forward towards us, I couldn’t help but be nervous and fidget in my chair, this man had touched me and I had gone down like a house of cards.

“Ah children there you are.” He grinned.

“As if we could escape whiles tied to this chair.” I blurted out, I hadn’t meant to say it, in fact I thought I was saying it in my head, it was only when I saw Kevin glaring at me that I realized I had spoken out loud.

“Ah well……” he said conjuring a chair out of tin air and sitting on it. “My name is Stephan.” He introduced himself still smiling.

I wanted to smack that smile of his face…wait Stephan? “Are you the one that sent your minions after me and nearly got Susan killed?” I asked. I remember that day at the party after Kevin and I kissed and I went out get air, and then Susan had followed me and we got kidnapped, I clearly remember hearing the beasts talking about a Stephan.

“I don’t know any Susan dear……. But I did send my people after you once” The old man admitted. “Zoë should be here in a few minutes.” He said to himself rather than us.

“What do you want with us?” Kevin asked.

He looked at Kevin examining him carefully before he answered. “hmm I guess I owe you all an explanation, plus you two won’t be alive tomorrow when the sun comes up so you should know why all this is happening to y’all I guess.” He said and checked his watch again.

“Why won’t we be alive by tomorrow?” I asked swallowing hard and dreading the answer.

“I’ll explain that too……. Do you two know why Zoë wants you two?” Stephan asked.