The Love Potion - Kevin's Tale

Chapter 18 – Kevin’s Tale

A/N sorry I meant to write Kevin’s POV in the first person narration, I didn’t realize what I had done until it was finished. And I couldn’t rewrite it because that would be too much work, but I hope you guys like it anyways….. 

Kevin’s POV

“Kevin you’ve got a phone call.” Susan called from downstairs.

For a couple of seconds Kevin pretended he had not heard his girlfriend calling him, he didn’t feel like talking to anyone today, and anyway he didn’t want to go downstairs and look at Susan.

“Kevin.” Susan yelled this time.

Kevin winced, the sound of her voice annoyed him, it was like a bee buzzing in his ear, “What.” He shouted back.

“I said you’ve got a phone call.” She called again.

“Who is it?” Kevin asked irritated, why was he mad anyway, he asked himself, for almost a week, everything seemed to piss him off and he just couldn’t explain it because there was no reason for him to be pissed off.

“It’s er….Christina’s dad.”

Even though they were far away from each other Kevin could sense the uneasiness in Susan’s voice, she probably had a deep frown on her face also, he didn’t have to be a mind reader to guess what was going on, Susan loathed Christina with a passion, all she wanted was for them to go far away from anything that had to do with Christina.

After hearing it was Christina’s dad on the line, he got up from his chair and raced downstairs, the dark cloud which had settled over him seemed to have been lifted.

“Hey john.” Kevin greeted happily when he picked up the phone, at the corner of his eye he saw Susan rolling her eyes and leaning forward to eavesdrop on his conversation.

“Oh hi Kevin.” Christina’s dad greeted back.

“Is anything wrong…….. Is Christina okay.” He didn’t think mentioning someone’s name would make his heart pump faster leaving him gasping for air, but Christina’s name did that to him.

“Yes she’s ok, the reason why I’m calling is to remind you that your next doctor appointment is next week and Jade is throwing a party tomorrow and she asked me to invite you.”

A party? Christina would be there, was it a good idea to see her after everything that had happened?

“Kevin?” John asked after he hadn’t spoken for several seconds.

“Er yeah sure I’ll be there.”

“Good we’ll be expecting you and Gloria says hi.” John added.

After Kevin hanged up, he felt a dull ache settle in his heart, what the hell was he doing, every part of him wanted to see Christina again, he missed her so much, yet here he was cooped up with Susan who seemed to annoy him with each passing day.

“What was all that about.” Susan asked.

“Nothing…I’m going out.” He replied stiffly, then went searching for his car keys; he needed sometime away from Susan to sort certain things out.

“Kevin what’s wrong with you? You stay here all day locked in your room doing God knows what and then when you finally come out you act distant and don’t talk to me.” Susan complained bitterly.

“Susan stop nagging me.” It took all his self control not to yell at her.

“I don’t understand anything anymore, I waited three years patiently for you to wake up so we could be together but all you care is about that Christina girl, I don’t even know what you see in her she’s so plain and….”