The Love Potion - A Broken Heart

Chapter 8 – A Broken Heart

This was getting old, me getting kidnapped and always on the brink of danger, if it weren’t for the fact that I had a knife pressed against my throat I would have rolled my eyes and said this is ridiculous out loud.

“P-please d-don’t h-hurt us.” Susan sobbed.

“Shut the fuck up.” The beast holding her roared.

“Susan it’s ok.” I said trying to comfort her but she gave me a look that said what about this situation is ok.

They dragged us to a blue truck outside the hospital; it was so dark everywhere and most people were at the ball enjoying themselves; thus they had no problem shoving us into the back of the truck without anyone seeing them.

The beast holding me wasn’t gentle he threw me in the truck and my head collided with metal. I let out a groan and at the same time I heard the door to the truck close loudly.

“What the hell are those things?” Susan kneeled beside me to whisper once we were alone.

“Uh…… they belong to some occult group.” I lied, I didn’t want her involved in this mess, beside I think even if I told her the truth despite what she had seen she would still think I was insane.

“Oh…..” Susan said and sat down, she seemed to digesting the information I had given her. “What do they want with us?” She asked a few seconds later.

“Er I don’t know.” I replied, the insides of the truck smelt strongly of garlic, I wrinkled my nose in disgust. In the extreme end of where we were, there was a large brown fabric covering something, I went towards it.

“So not only are you a boyfriend stealer you’re a big fat liar.” Susan muttered behind me.

I paused half way and turned to look at her. “Excuse me.”

“You know what they want……….those things when you saw them you weren’t surprised or shocked, plus we’ve just been kidnapped, who knows what could happen to us now but you’re acting all calm as if this is an everyday exercise for you.” She screamed.

“That’s because I need to keep my cool and figure out how to get us out of this mess, screaming or freaking out isn’t going to save us. Besides your boyfriend kissed me I didn’t kiss him, so if you have any problem take it up with him” I yelled back at her, the nerve of that bitch!

“You bitch.” She screamed back and got up; she was now eyeballing me dangerously.

“Ok look here Susan we can fight all you want but why don’t we save it for later after we’ve gotten ourselves out of this mess.”

“Why don’t we fight right now or are you scared.” She took slow steps towards me.

“Pfftt please I am not scared.” I scoffed.

“The two of you shut the hell up.” One of the beasts yelled.

Susan winced at the sound of his voice but it was enough to persuade her because she backed off and went to sit in the corner.

I turned around and went towards the corner where the large brown fabric was, I reached for the fabric and lifted it off whatever it was covering, I was hit with a strong smell of garlic and another foul smell I couldn’t identify.

“What the hell are you doing?” Susan whispered from her corner.

“Sshh.” I hissed at her. There were several old car tires here, I doubted it would do us any good; I needed a weapon, that way when they came to open the door to take us to where ever they were taking us I could attack them. More junk; empty water bottles and oil cans. Finally I found something I could use, a hammer; I turned around to face Susan with a smile on my face.