The Love Potion - Possession

Chapter 13 – Possession

I examined Kevin’s sleeping figure carefully, there was no way the Kevin I knew would ask me to be his girlfriend that I knew for sure, so then it only meant Zoë had done something to him. I should have never given her permission to help Kevin.

“Damn it.” I swore and got up from the bed frustrated, I think I knew what Zoë was up to but I had no idea what I could do to stop her. I looked at Kevin again, I didn’t want him to die and I didn’t want to die either.

I went towards Kevin’s sleeping body and kissed his forehead. “I’ll be right back.” I whispered, he didn’t hear he, I spun around and stormed down the hallway.

Zoë thinks she’s so smart, she knows I wouldn’t be able to stay mad at Kevin if she softened him up, she knows we would make up and my heart would mend and then she can continue with the spell, but I wouldn’t let that happen, I would do everything in my power to keep us safe and alive.

I got into a cab and gave the cab driver Gloria’s address, if I had any chance of defeating Zoë then I needed to do some heavy research, these kinds of research would mean looking up several witchcraft or voodoo books, the only place I could get that was Gloria’s house.

Thirty minutes later I got out of the cab and paid the cab driver, it took me a while to decide which house to go to, seeing as Gloria had two houses, the one she had been using as a hide out before she had died and the one Kevin and I had visited her in for the first time.

I decided to go to the house she had died in because I assumed that she would have moved all her valuable possessions in this case books and spell items to her hide out house.

I ignored the yellow tape surrounding the house warning people not to trespass and went in, this time I wasn’t hit by a foul stench, the cops had cleaned up, I avoided the kitchen anyway and went straight to her storage room, I knew where it was because I had been in there the last time to perform the spell which I thought would help me get rid of Zoë.

Unlike Zoë’s storage room, there weren’t jars stocked up with weird things and animals with their insides out, instead Gloria’s storage room contained, several herbs and powdery substance, and books.

I gathered a handful of books and brought them down to the living room where I settled down to read, the first book I picked up had the title, “THE SIXTH SENSE.” I didn’t see how it would help me but who knows, I may learn a couple of tricks and that could help me greatly.

Three hours later, I was ready to give up and scream, my neck throbbed painfully and my head hurt from all the nonsense and gibberish I had been reading, nothing I had read so far offered any solution to my problem unless of course I wanted to summon the spirit of an elf or communicate with my dead cat!

I sighed heavily and picked up the last book, the title read “THE ALL KNOWING KING”, I opened the first page and it read,

Sinus was a god of knowledge, he was said to have lived thousands of years ago among common men, people would come from far places across the world to ask him answers or solutions to their problems, but Sinus was a greedy man who demanded outrageous gifts in return for answers, this angered a lot of people, so one night a maiden was sent into his room to seduce and kill him.  The maiden succeeded and Sinus now resides in the spirit world but people still travel to the spirit world to seek answers from him because he’s still the all knowing kin. If you want to see him you must leave your body behind and take a stroll down the underworld, where you will find him waiting to answer your questions, he won’t ask for anything because he has learned his lesson, would you like to see Sinus?