Half a bottle of wine (New)

UK's POV:

"So, let me get this straight," I sighed as I took another sip of my tea.

"You, the responsible mother you say you are, lost our son in a McDonald's and the only lead you have is a strange man that was there at the same time," I summarised everything my distressed wife had told me.

"Yes! Tell me you were that man and you are hiding our son!" She demanded.

"For the last time, my love, I wasn't at McDonald's, I was recovering from being beaten up with a chair, wooden spoon and a stick of bamboo. Not to mention a teacup," I explained. I cringed at the memory.

"I want to see the wine cellar," She said, still furious.

"I give you complete permission to check for him anywhere in the house, and while you are down there, you might as well get yourself some wine," I allowed. She stood up angrily and walked over to the cellar door.

I continued to sit in the lounge, waiting for her to return with no evidence that I kidnapped my son. I didn't kidnap him. If I was going to, I would have waited at least another week.

I heard her defeated footsteps coming up the stairs of the cellar and she sat back down next to me. She was holding a bottle of wine and leaned against me. I put my arm around her to comfort her as she opened the bottle of wine.

"Did you want me to get you a wineglass?" I offered. But she was already drinking straight from the bottle. I positioned her into a more comfortable position, with her lying on my chest as she continued to drink from the wine bottle like a sippy cup. She cried as she finished half the bottle.

"I'm a terrible mother," She cried. I took the bottle from her hand. I stroked her head as I placed the half-empty bottle of wine on the floor.

"You aren't a terrible mother. You have just been under a lot of stress. But drinking isn't the way to cope." I whispered, trying to comfort her. She mumbled something under her breath. Although I couldn't understand what she said, I knew she was tired.

"You can sleep here tonight and tomorrow I will help you search for our son," I explained. I moved her body off of mine and stood up. I picked her up in my arms and took her to my bedroom where I laid her down to sleep. I tucked her in and planted a small kiss on her forehead.

I turned off of the lights and went back into the lounge. I picked up the wine off the floor and collected the teacups. I walked into the kitchen and poured the rest of the wine down the sink, knowing that I wouldn't have enough self-control to not finish the bottle. Alcohol was not the best way to parent. Although I may not be the best father, I will at least try to be a good husband.

America's POV:

I was not feeling well at all. I couldn't stop myself from pacing around my room thinking about my missing brother. I didn't know what was going on with this messed up family, but nothing seemed to be normal.

I hadn't been able to sleep at all so I was worrying so much about my brother and Mom wouldn't let me help her search.

After a while of worriedly pacing my room, my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone in the backyard. I got curious and looked out the window which views the garden. I could see the dull silhouette of what seemed to be a small child. Because of how dark it was outside.

The child seemed to be sneaking around and eventually sat down in front of a bush. The child did nothing but sit there as if he was waiting for something or someone. I left my room, planning to see what the child was doing.

I left through the front door and take the small path around the side of the house to surprise the kid. As I was approaching the backyard, I made sure the child was still there. It was easier to see now. The child was a little boy, probably a bit younger than New Zealand.

I wandered out into the open in front of him. He looked up at me.

"Big brother?" He asked. He didn't seem to be the slightest bit frightened.

"What?"

Suddenly the back door opened.

"Antarctica, why do you keep coming here. I told you, New Zealand doesn't live here," Spain sighed. I jumped a little as I heard her speak.

"America? What are you doing up so late?" She asked.

"I uh," I was not sure what to say. I was exhausted, and all I did was point at the kid, supposedly named Antarctica.

"Don't worry about Antarctica, he should head home now," Spain said, narrowing her eyes as she looked at Antarctica.

"I want to see New Zealand!" Antarctica demanded.

"For the last time, he doesn't live here, I gave you his new address on paper," Spain argued.

"I can't read!" Antarctica argued back. I was so confused to what was going on, but I kind of just sat there and watched Spain argue with a child. After a while, I got bored and walked back into the house.

I was hungry and looked in the fridge for something to eat. I found some leftover tacos and pulled them out to eat. I stuck them in the microwave to heat them up. Just as I was counting down the timer on the microwave, I heard the landline ring.

I quickly grabbed my tacos as they finished and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"You aren't Spain," The person on the other side replied.

"Nope, I'm America," I clarified.

"Oh, well, it's me, Netherlands. Australia wanted to talk to you. I'll pass the phone to him," Netherlands explained.

Why would Australia want to talk to me?