Doors

New Zealand's POV:

It may have been the vaccines, but I wasn't sure. I was feeling sick again. A headache and everything. I didn't tell Mum though. I didn't want her to be concerned about me, so I went straight to bed without a word.

I pull the covers over my head and close my eyes tightly. I felt scared of something. I felt myself shake. I kicked around in my bed as if I was trying to stop the bed monster from eating my toes. As for what Dad- I mean- Netherlands would say.

You couldn't imagine the fear I encountered when I felt something other than bed sheets. I almost screamed, but I covered my mouth before anything came out. I opened my eyes to see what my foot had touched, and it relieved me to see it was just Cloudy.

I brought him up and hugged him tightly against my cheek, feeling relieved, almost fluffy wool soothed. I don't care what UK says about not finding comfort in toys. Cloudy is doing a much better job at making me feel safe than whatever UK would do.

I closed my eyes, feeling a little bit safer, as I slowly drifted into the inky darkness called sleep, finally feeling peace with both my mind and body.

When I opened my eyes, I was still holding onto Cloudy quite tightly. I wasn't in my bed anymore. I was under it. Confused, I crawled out nervously to find I was in the house of Netherland. I held Cloudy closer to my chest as I walked out of the room. Everything around me seemed to morph into strange shapes, yet everything felt so familiar, was I sleeping? Is this a dream? I asked myself in my head, my voice cords strained when I tried to speak, my throat seemed to close up whenever I tried to talk.

I walked down the hallway and looked at the pictures on the walls. I saw the picture of my sister and me as kids, the pictures I had drawn of my first family and their scribbled out faces. But worst of all was the picture at the end of the hallway. It wasn't a picture though. In my handwriting were the words 'Kotahi ra' that was stabbed into the piece of paper. I felt dread knot my stomach like I ate an anvil, and my body became weak and heavy. I couldn't move at that moment. Anxiety bursted from my stomach, spreading to my entire body like a virus infecting its host.

You promised...

"I-I p-pro-promised," I whimpered out with an unsteady inhale, I almost felt like crying gripping on to myself in a desperate attempt for a self-hug. The hallway faded, and I heard the familiar singing coming from the blackness. Two gates appeared in front of me, They were labelled. The door on the left said 'tuakana' (Brotherhood), it was an old oak door looking to bed darker aura covered in my family photos and drawings, some scribbled out and other too blurry to even see what they were and the door on the right said 'kotahi ra' (One day), this door was painted white, it was plain, new the doorknob was gold, a white light behind the door.

From the left door I heard crying and the sounds of muffled pain. On the right, I heard that familiar singing.

"You can only pick one," an eerie voice said. I looked around to see if anyone was there. It was black. There was nothing else in sight aside from the two doors. I couldn't decide. I made a promise, but I can't keep it if I pick the correct door.

"It doesn't matter what door you pick, it will break something," I exhaled to myself. I continued hugging Cloudy, but I felt him slip from my arms. I tried to grab him, but he seemed to disappear when he touched the ground. Now I was alone.

I felt like crying. I wasn't made to handle this. I can't make the decision! I can't!

Australia's POV:

It petrified me. I could see that in America, He had a bloody red handprint on his face and was trying his best to keep himself together, but it seemed to not be working since he had tears already pricking at the sides of his eyes. I, however, was trying to stand. It almost felt like UK had broken something when he kicked me. The pain was excruciating.

I got a cold tremble as I watched America try to stab UK. I could see pure malice in his eyes and pure dread. There would be no way we could make it out of this unmarked. I got on my feet and tried to balance myself. I noticed the bloodied knife sitting on the desk.

While America was distracting UK, I snuck over to the knife and picked it up. I could see the blood glisten in the dim light as I tilted the knife a bit.

"What are you doing with that?" UK's voice tensed, his once drunken slurred tone cleared into something laced with anxiousness and anger. I looked up at him and started shuddering.

"I-I will use this!" I shouted, stumbling over my words, brandishing the knife at him. I noticed he was holding America off the ground by his feet. America was unconscious.

"How cute," UK smiled creepily. I could feel my blood run cold as I realised how small the chances of getting out of this situation. I would die, I thought to myself irrationally.

Suddenly the door crashed shut and scared me. It must have intimidated UK as well because I heard him give up on America, making him fall. The door opened again and without a second thought, I moved America out of there and locked UK inside. I tried to drag America up the stairs, but he was too fat. No no, let's be nice. He was heavy. I tried pushing, but that didn't work either.

I'm determined, though. The loud drunken shouting and bangs on the office door filled me with epinephrine. I tried to wake America up, but slapping him didn't help. The shouting started getting louder, and I began coming up with alternative options.

Outside. It was my best bet to get as far away from UK as possible. I started dragging Ame to the back door. I opened the door and dragged him outside. I was immediately hit with the cold midnight wind against my skin. It made me shudder. I continued to drag America into the bushes.

"Is he dead?" I heard a statement come from the bushes.

"Fiji?" I replied, feeling hopeful.

"Nah, it's Malaysia, Maori told me it was my turn to try to kidnap New Zealand," He clarified.

"Can you help us?" I said a little more desperately.

"Sure, I brought Phil and Indo with me too," Malaysia stated.

"Hi," Philippines greeted. I nodded my head, and I saw Indonesia pop his head out too.

"Indo, help Aus carry his brother, we will stop at Phil's home because it is closer," Malaysia instructed. They nodded and Indo helped me pick up America. I was carrying him by his feet, while Indo took his arms.

This may have just been a stroke of luck or a blessing, but whatever it was, I was more than grateful. I didn't dare look back in fear that UK might be there on the porch waiting. I just hoped America was okay and the sooner we get to Philippines's home, the better.