Relapsing Fiend 💊

Chapter 7:

Blake's POV:

Previously on 47 Freckles.

Words could not explain how furious I was right now at Tristian.
I stormed out of the park after I screamed at him.

I decided to check the text message that Milo sent me earlier.

Milo: Blake, help me, please. 2:15 P.M.

Milo: It is Hudson. 2:19 P.M.

Milo: Are you mad with me because I did not answer you in the morning? I am sorry, but please help.
2:30 P.M.

Milo: Please, Blake. 2:21 P.M.

Shit, way more than half an hour passed since Milo's first text message to me.

My body went cold. My hands were trembling as I tried to type back a response. Could they be in apparent danger?

Me: Are you okay, Milo? What is wrong? 2:55 P.M.

I called Milo back right away as he was not responding to my text message. Shit shit shit, this was all  Tristian's fault for not making me answer Milo's text messages right away. I groan out in agony.

*Ring.*
*Ring.*
*Ring.*

I was anxiously tapping my foot on the gritty gravel as I was waiting for him to answer the call.

Milo finally picked up the phone on the third ring.

"H-hi Blake, um, h-he beat me." He stuttered out. I could sense that he was crying but sought to hide it.

"WHO? Who hit you?" I yelled, my breath faltering.

"H-Hudsy," Milo whispered ever so quietly over the phone.

My eyes went as wide as Oreos at his statement. I almost dropped my iPhone onto the ground.
"I-I listen to me, Milo. I am going to come and get you, okay. Stay as far away from Hudson as you possibly can. Bye." I asserted, still astounded.

"O-okay, I am still at my house. B-bye." Milo murmured, ending the call.

I bent down to the ground to tie my shoelaces, and then I sprinted off as fast as a cougar over to Milo's house.

I almost got hit by a few vehicles as I was jay-running. Wait, is that even a thing?

I eventually reached his house. Milo was standing outside of his household.
His hair was blown in all directions sticking up like a porcupine.
Scars were apparent on his once flawless and smooth face.
I was taken aback at this sight.

"Milo, let us get out of here," I told him gently. All he could do was nod at me. His gaze would never reach my eye.

"Where is Hudson anyway?" I asked.

"O-Oh, he is still inside of my house passed out on drugs, alcohol, and nicotine," Milo stated as he stared straight ahead, blankly.

He and I calmly strolled through the streets. He was still trembling a tad bit, which was understandable because of the predicament that he just faced.

"Well, it looks like we both got sexually assaulted in one day, heh," I announced, trying to break the silence.

Immediately as that phrase slipped out of my mouth, I cringed so fucking hard you do not even know.

"I am so fucking sorry for saying that. Please forgive me. I was trying to lighten the mood, but now that I heard myself aloud, it sounds so insensitive." I explained in a jumbled mess. Fuck, is he going to be angry at me?