𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

There Betty was, sitting behind the bleachers at a football game, trying to calm herself down from an anxiety attack. She couldn't think straight.

She was on the cheer team, meaning she would have to perform fairly soon.

All of the pressure from her mother and other teammates was finally getting to her head, telling her things like how she would mess up, ruin the whole routine, how she would embarrass herself. The list went on.

After a few minutes, she'd decided that she had calmed down enough to head back to the cheer team, being that they were about to perform any minute now.

She was too focused on getting herself back together that she hadn't even noticed someone was stood right in front of her.

"You know everyone's out searching for you, right?" They questioned, easily making her jump.

She quickly looked up to find Jughead Jones standing in front of her. 

"Are you ok?" He asked, noticing the state she was currently in.

"Ya, I'm fine..." She lied, quickly wiping away any tears that might've unknowingly, rolled down her cheeks.

"Don't lie to me, Cooper," He spoke, sitting down next to her, leaning against the backside of the bleachers. "I know we really aren't that close, but you obviously aren't fine," 

"It was just an anxiety attack..." She started.

"An anxiety attack isn't nothing," He spoke.

"Look, you don't have to pretend to care, I'm fine now," She said, standing up and brushing down her cheer uniform from any dirt that might've ended up on it.

"I'm not pretending, I'm genuinely worried about you, Betts," He stated, getting up as well.

"Well, you don't have to, nobody else cares," She replied, turning around to face him.

"That's not true,"

"Just let it go, okay!" She shouted back.

Betty and Jughead were completely different people, even that was an understatement. 

He was a highly dangerous gang leader; the Serpent king. He was stereotypically known as the "bad boy", the school's known, player. The exact opposite of Betty.

Betty on the other hand was known as the "good girl", the girl in all pink, the straight-A student, the misunderstood "perfect girl next door".

The only reason they knew each other was because her mother and his father were close friends from high school. They spent the occasional holiday or dinner party together and that was it.

Betty and Jughead, on the other hand weren't close at all, barely even acquaintances.

"Elizabeth, there you are!" Her mother shouted, storming up to them.

"Mom!" Betty spoke, unsure of what to say.

"Come on, the game's about to start!" Alice stated, dragging her away, back to the playing field.

"There's no time to spare!" She added, Jughead following.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤