CHAPTER 40: Infinity Formula

PRIM'S POV:

It's unnerving to not know the situation of Sergio and Ren's team in the northern tower. The idea of them being imprisoned or busted is making me anxious.

There's this something on my guts that is telling me, we are doing ourselves a favor of being a bait into a trap. I'm brave enough but I can't stop myself for being nervous and scared at this moment about something I don't know nor expect.

I brushed the thought out of my mind and thinked about our main goal in going here.

To find the last two necklaces.

Said my mind.

While running into the direction of the northern tower, a permanent scowl is plastered into my sweaty face. The others are also sweating furiously because of the continuous running we are currently doing.

" A-are you o-oka-y?" Fabian asked beside me, eyes on the front. I don't know how to answer that so I just nodded.

"Y-you se-em off, is s-something bothering y-you?.." he yet again asked and I shooked my head no.

I don't know if I should tell him that something is bothering me – that something is not right.

Sigh. "Nothi-ng.."

I saw in my peripheral vision that he raised his left brow – not believing me for sure, but uttered none.

"There it i-is.." I stated when I finally saw the pinnacle of the northern tower.

Suddenly, we stopped on our tracks and dozens of westernian soldiers surrounded us.

How can they see us when we are in the influence of my invisibility enchantment.

"I knew it..." Someone said above us and when I looked up, a man is floating graciously into the air.

"I never expected that inspite of being the only remaining Eastern enchanter, you have the courage to invade this place..." The man continued while slowly landing into the ground.

"Oh...who is that? I believe you are captain Fabian Guevarra of the enchanted crew ship..." He yet again stated with a mischievous smile.

Fabian stared at him, unfazed and said nothing.

So, I believe he cancelled my invisibility enchantment.

"I believe the men whom I ordered to be caged are your allies. How unfortunate of them to experience my wrath.." he stated and my eyes widened. I also heard everyone on our team gasped, except Fabian who is still standing beside me, calm.

I knew something was off!.

"Get them!" The man barked and the soldiers who are surrounding us quickly barged their way into us.

"Captain, what should we do?" Carson asked, panicking.

"You can't do anything. This was a trap. Do you really think that we westernians can be deceived? You're plan was busted even in the beginning!!" The man barked.

So we were played all along?

"I knew something was up..." Fabian murmured beside me. His once calm and collected face is now scowling.

We can't be imprisoned.

Not if I do something!

"Stilas! " I casted but my eyes widened when it didn't affect the soldiers.

"You do realize that I can read minds, right?" The man said then laughed.

I keep calling him, 'man'. I forgot his name.