CHAPTER 31: Chaea Lirear

That night, baba Tana Quishi insisted that we should have a feast with their tribe which we happily and gratefully accepted. We stayed for the night and decided that we should continue our search for the next day.

"Good morning.." greeted the old woman when she saw me woke up. I greeted the same then smiled at her.

"Oh wait, I'll get you some green tea and leaves.." she said and went to her wooden kitchen before I can utter a response.

When the old woman is finally out of sight, I looked at the other three men who are still in the comfort of their dreams. I was about to wake them up when baba Tana Quishi came back.

"Let them sleep dear, it looks like they need some more sleep.." she stopped me from waking the other three up.

I can't argue with that. The three of them looks so....worn out, maybe because pirates seldom sleep.

I nodded to the old woman and uttered a thankful response when she finally gave me the freshly made green tea and some edible leaves.

At first, I was hesitant to eat the leaves but when I looked at the hopeful and happy expression of baba Tana Quishi who made it, I eventually ate it. I was surprised by the taste of the leaves though, it tastes like it was soaked to honey and lemon, it was sweet and a little bit cool to my mouth.

Baba Tana Quishi then left after that.

Fabian was the first one to wake up to the three and looked at his surrounding, confused.

"I can smell mint.." he said in a groggy voice. He then looked at the leaves I'm eating and tiredly raised his brows.

"Am I still dreaming or it's really you who's eating a leaf?" He asked me then sat up.

"You're not dreaming mister..." I replied back then ate another delicious leaf.

"Try it.." I continued then offered him some leaves. He shook his head no several times before he yawned.

"I'm not a goat.." he replied after yawning. I raised my brow to him then shrugged.

"Ok..it's your lost then.." I replied back then ate another leaf.

Fabian then looked at the other two then smacked them into their thighs.

"Wake up sleepy heads..." He woke Ren and Sergio who both groaned and murmured nonsense.

"Ehm...what's that? I can smell a disgusting tea.." Ren said in a groggy voice. He then finally opened his eyes and instantly looked in my way.

"I knew it.." he commented to my direction. I rolled my eyes on him and took a bite of another sweet leaf.

"It's good for the health.." I told him when I finally swallowed the leaf. Just then, Sergio sat up from his position then looked at what I'm eating.

"Is that what I see you eating?" He asked in a small voice. He then reached for one then observed it before he hesitantly took a bite.

His eyes widen and lit up when he finally took a bite. He then ate the remaining part of the leaf and took another in the bowl of leaves infront of me.

"This is really good.." he commented then ate the leaf he got.

I looked at Fabian who also looked into my direction.

"I told you.." I told him and offered another leaf to him.

He hesitantly reached for the leaf and slowly took a bite on it. His reaction is same as Sergio's when he finally had a taste of the leaf.