CHAPTER 17: The Well of Fire

We are engulfed by complete silence. No one dared to say a single word and just stared at the queen who is still smiling while sitting on her beautifully structured wooden throne.

"I'll give you the necklace if you can get it to the fire dragon in the well of fire" she suddenly said, cutting off the complete silence.

I heard stories about the well of fire, one of them is that, you can't get out of there alive, even if you can get out, your limbs are the only part of you that can be recognized.

My eyes widen because I can't believe the challenge is that hard, well I know that it will never be easy, but it never crossed my mind that the challenge will result my survival or death.

"But that's impossible" Fabian told the queen and the queen just smiled at him.

"I know, but it's the only way to get the necklace" she replied and looked away from Fabian and looked at me.

"I'm going then" Fabian replied back that made all of his crew and I gasp.

"I'm afraid the challenge is for the enchanter, pirate.." the queen calmly replied to Fabian.

"But I don't want him to sacri-"

"I'm going" I cut Fabian off and sternly looked at the queen.

The Queen smiled at me and stood up from her seat.

"No, you are not going to do it, it's way too dangerous" Fabian tried to convince me.

I sighed and faced him..

"I know, but my chance of going out there alive is more than your chance of going out there alive, considering that I have magic and you don't have" I tried to convince him and followed the queen..

"NO YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DO IT!!" Fabian exclaimed while quickly approaching me, probably to stop me from doing the challenge..

Elfen knights quickly held Fabian back and stopped him from trying to approach me. I looked at him apologetically but followed the queen nonetheless..

"Let's do it" I told the queen and we continued our journey to the well of fire.

I heard Fabian yelling my name and his crew trying to calm him down but I ignored them.

This is my quest so I should be the one doing it not him or anybody else. One thing is for sure though, I'm gonna make it alive and I will make sure of it that I'll have the necklace with me after that.

Wish me luck...

_______________

My body is shaking like I am cold despite the fact that in front of me is a huge well of fire. My body is sweating profusely and I feel like my body is being toasted by the extreme heat coming from the well.

I can now hear loud and clear the roar of the fire dragon and it made me almost back out but I remembered that this is part of the quest, abondoning this challenge means not completing the quest and I now realized that I really must finish this quest, not for me but for my fellow enchanters and to break the still unknown curse.

"I hope for your survival, enchanter..it was never my intention to put you into this horrible situation. I'll definitely give you the necklace without thinking twice if the necklace is in my hands but unfortunately, in some reason, the fire dragon has it" the queen who I learned her name as queen Eldora said.

I don't know if I will feel relieved because she just confessed to me that she never wants me to do this, or be afraid because there is no other way to get the necklace other than getting it from the fire dragon.