CHAPTER 33: The Statue

"It's very dark here.." Ren complained while looking at our surrounding. I can agree to that though. This place doesn't just look abandoned but also hunted.

The library is an actual maze, there are many routes and ways inside it. Every corner of the building has old books, maps, and other antiques.

Despite the library being old and abandoned, creatures like lizards, mouses, ants, and other kinds of insects are living and can be seen inside it.

"This place really gives me chills.." Fabian said beside me while observing the place then slightly shuddered.

Actually, I can feel it too.

We continued walking in a slow pace untill we are met by six different directions.

"That's a lot of options.." I told everyone while looking simultaneously at the six different ways.

"Where do you think is the right way?" I continued then faced the other three who are inspecting the different directions.

"I think whatever we choose will be the right way. Those ways I think have intersections, after all, this is a maze.." Ren replied.

Great point.

He really is bright minded.

But a coward..

"Ok, so...which way?" Fabian asked Ren.

"That way..." Ren immediately replied while pointing at the fourth way.

Ren then made his way through the one he chose which we followed instantly.

This way is much darker than the previous ones we passed. It's like, we are in the abyss of the abyss, if that makes sense.

"Can you make the fire lit up more?" Sergio asked me.

"I can but the fire must be bigger.." I replied to him which he nodded in understanding.

"I think the fire's light is enough..." Fabian interfered.

"I agree.." I agreed while looking at the front.

"Fine..." Sergio sighed then said nothing after that.

"Is that a bull?" Ren suddenly asked after a minute making the four of us pause. I looked at the statue he pointed and observed it.

The bull statue looks so realistic. It looks like the statue is really a bull and not a cemented thing.

"It looks realistic...like someone preserved a bull's dead body then put it there" I commented.

"We should continue..." Fabian instructed then pushed me to continue walking. I then groaned and rolled my eyes to him.

We continued walking untill we found the intersection of the six different ways. After the intersection, there are two more directions again.

"We should head to that way.." Ren instructed while pointing at the left way.

We immediately entered the direction Ren chose then proceeded inside it.

Where on this maze library is the necklace anyway?

Upon walking, we noticed something standing beside the wall. The thing looks exactly like the bull statue we passed just awhile ago.

"Wait, am I seeing something or is that the same bull statue we passed just awhile ago?" I asked everyone. We went near the statue then observed it.

It really looks exactly the same as the statue before.