CHAPTER 28: Guevarra Family

FABIAN'S POV:

My heart almost exploded yet again in fear when I saw Prim lose consciousness again for the second time. When the ground shook furiously and a super loud explosion rang madly into my ears, my heart almost stopped because I thought it was the enemy who did it but, it was Prim all along.

He used yet another very dangerous enchantment spell that consumed all of his energy.

Prim scares me sometimes because of his power level, I even ask myself sometimes; how powerful is he? It's understandable that enchanters are powerful but I did not expect that they can defeat an army all by themselves, an army for goodness sake, in just one spell. Now I understand why enchanters are very special, respected, and known.

Right now, the fairies are treating Prim's wounds in both of his hands and ankles. The redness of his wounds are evident from his still pale skin. His skin extremely worried me though, it's paler than ever. It looks like he lost blood all over his body.

"Baba..baba..." The baby blabbered. I almost forgot that Mally is with me, sitting between my thighs. The baby cried when he saw that Prim is unconscious and not moving, he also cried when Prim was not into his sight that's why Mariposa insisted that I should bring Mally with me while Prim is being treated.

"I don't know how to babysit you because I'm a pirate and that, I haven't had a baby.....yet, so, behave, ok?" I told the baby who is trying to fly and go to Prim's side but can't because I'm holding him still and glued him between my thighs.

"Baba...." Mally blabbered again while slightly jumping into my thighs. The baby continued to blabber nonsense but I let him, I on the other hand is focused on Prim's laying state.

I sighed then let my mind wonder to other things.

The invasion started, a big war will soon begin. Prim must reunite with his fellow enchanters before the westernians invade the east or else we'll be doomed. If the dark lord conquer all the continents, everybody will experience extreme poverty, sufferings, and darkest days. One democracy and leadership from a king who doesn't sincerely show concern and prioritize the betterment of his people and cares to no one other than his power is a failure of a leader, greedy to be exact. I remembered what the Goddess has told me before Prim approached me and asked for my help in his quest.

' the future is in the leader's hands, but the leader is not yet revealed, not untill he finishes his quest'

Yes, I knew that the Goddess sent Prim to this quest from the start, Prim doesn't have to know though. If the future is in the hands of the leader of the twelve enchanters, Prim must be the leader then, but he still doesn't know, not untill he completes his quest.

Does this mean that the twelve enchanters don't have a leader?

The answer is yes, but upon completing the quest, the Goddess will surely assign Prim as the leader of the twelve.

The Goddess also told me that the quest has double purpose but she only revealed one.

' complete the quest to break the curse'

Meaning, Prim should complete and collect the eleven necklaces to break an unknown curse. Maybe, just maybe, the curse that the Goddess was talking about is the curse she bestowed to us, pirates.

The second purpose of the quest is yet to be revealed.

Up until now, I haven't said a word about what Goddess Nympha has revealed to me about the quest and she made me promise that I shouldn't tell Prim about it whatever happens, he shouldn't know, not untill he finishes his quest.

My thoughts continued to play into my mind and I didn't notice that I dozed off to sleep.

I was woken up when someone slightly tapped me into my right cheek. I slowly opened my eyes and immediately saw Prim standing in front of me, still weak looking.

"Why did you stood up, you're still weak" I told him in a groggy voice. I did not receive a response from him and instead, he reached both of his hands into my direction.

I slightly furrowed my brows in confusion and looked at him who is also looking at me expectantly.

When he saw no movement from me, he sighed and quickly grabbed something or someone I should say, between my thighs. I forgot Mally is with me, sleeping between my thighs. Prim slowly and cautiously lifted Mally then patted the baby slightly into his leg to not wake him up. Mally succumbed into deep slumber in Prim's arms.

"I forgot he's with me. He probably dozed off to sleep after me." I answered to Prim's unasked question.

"How long are you two here?" He asked me instead, his gaze is completely focused on the baby in his arms.

"I don't know, hours ago probably.." I answered then stood up. A smile formed into my face upon seeing the sleeping baby.

"He's so cute, isn't he?" Prim asked while cooing quietly at the baby. Seeing him like this makes him more beautiful.

"He is.." I replied to his question.

Complete silence soon engulfed us after.

"You know, I sometimes wonder..are we ever going to build our own little family in the future?" Prim asked, cutting off the silence.

I smiled because of his question.

I never ever have thought that I'll be loving someone, dearly, let alone creating a family of my own, but, when I realized my love for Prim, everything changed.

"We will, soon.." I told Prim who quickly raised his head then happily looked at me.

Suddenly, a thought crossed my mind.

"Oh...since Mally lost his parents, maybe we can convince Mariposa to let us guardian him.." I suggested.

"Does that mean you like us to adopt Mally?" Prim asked happily.

"Yes..." I immediately and happily answered which I received a peck in my right cheek coming from him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you..." Prim said in every peck. I chuckled because of his actions.

"All right, all right..." I told him while chuckling.

"But, I'm not satisfied with only small pecks on my cheek. I want a proper kiss.." I told him, teasingly, which made him blush in result.

"F-fine.." he stuttered which made me smile then closed my eyes. I pouted my lips and waited for him to kiss me.

PRIM'S POV:

When Fabian teasingly told me that he isn't satisfied in just a peck on his cheek and that he wanted a 'proper' kiss, my cheeks heated up.

It is times like this that I want to punch him on the face for his teasings and I, being the person in the receiving end, always blushes on his teasings.

"I'm waiting.." Fabian cut me off my thoughts and I bubbled my cheeks and furrowed my brows in irritation.

Hmm..

A thought knocked into my mind which made me smile, evilly. The thought almost made be burst in laughter but I forced myself not to.

Since we are in a flower, my footsteps wouldn't be audible. I quietly and cautiously exited the flower with the sleeping Mally in my arms, and yes people..I left Fabian there waiting for nothing..

When I am finally out of the flower, I jogged away from the flower, slowly, to not wake Mally up.

Just then, I released my contained laugh when Mally and I are far away from the flower.

"Prim, that's not fair!!!" I heard Fabian shouted in distress when I am finally meters away from the flower.

Haha...serves him right..

Just then, Mally started to cry in my arms.

Oh no...