CHAPTER 24: Back to the Quest

PRIM'S POV:

"Why didn't you tell us you are a royalty?" I asked Selkie who is ushering us into the exit of their cove. He smiled cheekily at me then bubbled his cheeks.

"I don't know...I thought it's not important for me to tell you." he replied.

"Well, that's a little harsh but I understand" I replied back.

Kevin who decided to stay here with Selkie for the rest of their lives, stayed in Selkie's cove. He decided to stay there and not come with us after saying our farewells.

"So, when is your bonding?" I yet again asked Selkie. Upon asking where is their bonding, his face lit up in happiness.

"Oh, that'll be on the first blue moon" he replied happily.

"Well, good for you then" I said, a little insecure that he and Kevin is about to get married first before me.

"How about you?" Selkie asked curiously.

I'm not ready to answer that. Fabian and I will not be marrying each other anytime soon considering that he is still in the process of courting me.

Oh, I forgot Fabian is still courting me.

"Let's not talk about it" I suggested which he nodded in understanding.

"Ok, as you say so" he replied.

I looked at the three men behind us who are also busy talking to each other. I focused on Fabian who is smiles occasionally about what Ren and Sergio is talking about. I smiled to that and averted my gaze back to our way out of the merpeople's cove.

"You know, I thought merpeople are all...let's say, bad for the most part, but....you proved that wrong" I said when we are finally in the exit of the cove.

"Well, we are but to you...I guess that's an exception" he replied back that made us both chuckle.

"Ok, this is getting too far. I guess this is a goodbye.." I cut off with a small smile. He returned the smile and slightly nodded.

"Why are you two being sappy?" Ren asked with furrowed brows. He then smiled at Selkie and Selkie returned the smile back.

"Shut up" Fabian and Sergio commented in chorus.

"At least they aren't a coward" Sergio said which made Ren frown.

"Are you saying that I'm a coward?"Ren asked.

"I didn't say you're a coward" Sergio replied back with a monotone voice.

"Well you're implying that I'm a coward" Ren replied back, slightly angry.

Why couldn't these two be 'normal' even just for a second?

They glared daggers at each other but it was immediately cut off when Fabian smacked both of the back of their necks.

"Ouch..that hurts, captain" Ren complained while rubbing his nape.

"It's all your fault, dumbass" Sergio directly said to Ren with a frown.

"Will you two stop!!" I said firmly and thankfully, they stopped their fighting.

"You two are really perfect for each other.." Selkie suddenly said while chuckling. The two looked at him wide eyed while Fabian and I shrugged our shoulders.

"I guess we are not the only ones who can see them as a couple" Fabian whispered beside me.

I agree...

"Well, see you when I see you" I said, finally saying my farewell.

"Yeah" Selkie simply answered with a warm smile.