/20.3/ Labyrinthe

Love is the same as immunity, it makes you strong. Worse, it keeps the memories that hurt you once.

"Can we just forget everything for a while?"

I stared into his eyes, to find a way through the dancing curtains of his eyelashes to his speaking heart when his pale, warm hands fondled over my cheeks so delicately. We all were prisoners trapped by our anima by that bony prison cage that held our idealistic heart. Was it okay to kneel down to that and just forget anything we desired, for a while?

My limbs wanted to give in to this perspiration of nail-digging emotions, but mind and soul and brain were never in a battle siding each other.

His body lowered onto mine, cradled between my legs, his chest undulated with calm breaths, same as mine but for sure calmer than I was. His hands gently but in a firm hold stuck against my back as if to check me from slipping away. His eyes would trail down continuing to close with the close slant of his face, his nose brushed against my frozen tip. My eyes partly closed itself when the limited distance tended to zero and then I could feel his lips softly grazing mine, waiting for my impulse at the last second to be sure and congruent to his before he gave it up completely with one last of the first acts.

What was going to change?

Would one moment of oblivion set everything aside? One short surrender - giving in to claim something that I knew would never and should never be mine even if for a short while would mean I was a loser, a coward with no sense of duty. Love is a word of four letters that had no set of fire in my four-chambered utensil. In the end, I never knew what love felt like. At the very beginning, I never knew whether this was an infatuation. Even when till now I looked at him, I thought twice, maybe it was love, maybe I was weak for him. But to that one reason to love him back gave me two reasons not to. Love never brought me a great favor. Past memories said so, so shall the future, my love interests were never good guys. Or to say, right now, someone within my principles.

In addition, if I didn't meet my goal at the very end, all the oblivious moments would appear like guilt. And if I did meet my goal, this one guilt would be a felony.

Jimin's lips parted in startlement at the sudden intervention of a ringtone nearby. "My phone's r-ringing..." I said as I used the quick time to push him off, sliding off the couch to stomp away until his hand hastily pulled back mine.

"Y/N-" I didn't want to listen. Instead of giving him a moment, I almost ran inside dropping his phone on the couch.

Sigh escaped my lips in a release of frustration as I swiped away the missed call on my screen, name said, Jimin. My mind was strangely calm, blank to be exact. No residue or repercussive sentiment blew wind over the pacific like it knew what was going to happen. In return, my whole body was shaking from the effect, I gripped my head hard to get my pragmatism onboard, functioning. My phone rang in the meanwhile, a real call this time. Momo's name took over the screen to also make me realize the grave consequence I was about to give in to.

"Hello."

"Y/N," The woman jubilantly replied, "Listen I got some great news!-"

"Not now, Momo. I will call you back."

The male was sitting on the couch, facing the floor. I strode fast the living room with an intention to avoid any sort of eye contact. Neither did he look up for once. Rushing towards the door that opened by itself, I almost bumped into Jungkook coming in flashing a broomstick over his shoulder.