/18/ Let Me Out

"Did Anna leave?" Jimin asked. I swerved my eyes at him. He met mine, "I was assuming that she- did?"

"You are close, not right. Well, Anna..." My tongue halted itself. Words felt like heavy pebbles, abrading against my throat so as to come out but my heart stayed in jitters, not because I didn't want to reveal. It was rather hard to deal with the mnemonics crushing the lock and let the flock of clouds billow my demeanor to broken shards that only prodded me, hurt only me, and no one yet, not even my inner core, to the rescue.

"It's okay. If you don't wanna talk about it. I know how much it may hurt." I felt a weight on my hand as something cold encompassed my backhand, wedging small chubby fingers between my ones. I shivered at the first frosty touch. Jimin gave me an affectionate look, with the most warming smile. It was a forbidden touch, but I didn't want to be left bare.

"You're cold."

His small perspiration beaded on his palm stuck on my skin too. "Warm me up."

My heart felt a tang out of nowhere, I stuck out my tongue, "I ain't a heater."

"But you-" He stopped, gulping down the rest, "I don't think I should say it. You punch hard."

I squinted my eyes suspiciously, then decided to give it a shrug. We were close. The dorm was soon to be in sight.

"So then- with your friends aside, was there anyone else?"

"Anyone else who?"

"Like a boyfriend?"

"Umm..." I pushed my tongue to my cheek in thought, narrowing my vision, "It was complicated."

"Complicated? Like what?"

"I didn't have a boyfriend. But there were a few stalkers."

"Stalkers don't obviously fall in a category even near to boyfriends. What's the reason you had some? What had you done?"

"What kind of question is that? I was stalked because I am pretty."

"Oh."

"What's with that oh?" I turned around to take a look at him, my palm nestling onto my waist akimbo, "You don't think I'm pretty?"

"Well..." Retaining the speed and straight forward direction of the car on the road, Jimin propped against the steering wheel with his arm and took a full view of me, his eyebrow curled up at one corner, just as his lipline to a small crease. I sat, suddenly conscious of myself. His cheeks puffed up in a cute but devilish smile, beckoning his eyes to a far gone black small peek-a-boo, "I might be adding more to the definition."

The heat slowly started to sprout a full bloom of red and pink assorted blush on my cheeks brazenly, I shot around and looked away briskly, mentally eye-rolling as he burst into a giggle, "Cute."

"Ew."

He snorted, looking back at the road, "So, back to it, about the stalkers. Were they, really bad?"

"There's much to the stalking story. It's long." I nibbled my lower lip and said lowly, "Do you wanna...hear about it?"

"Why not? We're yet to reach."

"Alright." I was apparently hesitant at first as I started, "The thing started with some incidents. Two of the boys at my school were rusticated when they got caught red-handed with pictures and videos, they used to stalk girls around with the lecherous intention. I was a short-time victim. When they had tried to dupe me, I had gone alert, that's how I found out the hidden camera. When they were leaving, I was shot with threats. But they were not the only perpetrators, a few were still in the school who hadn't got caught, and they were the bigger heads behind this."