/19/ Midnight Discrepancy

(Above is a rough picturization of the overall architectural plan of the first floor of BTS dorm in this FF. I'm adding this here to assure a clearer view because an understanding of the plan will be required as we proceed with the story.)

Vision diluted and flashed to the same as black when I darted up sitting straight on the bed, pulse increasing at a fast speed with swirls of breath rush enervating my lungs.

Nights like this felt too sultry before, but now as time passed, it became more like a mundane routine. It took half an hour, or maybe forty minutes, to cool myself down. The memories would stay afresh and frivolous, but the sound of alarm from my phone did good work this time. I was brought back faster to reality at the low but iterating cring. One box of notification popped out alongside- sender's name as Momo- to tell- You on yet? Jackson's piled up texts peeked in the lower midst, each one starting with a disyllable to provide how much infuriated he was for not replying to his text any soon.

I pulled myself out of the blanket.

Night was the best time at the dorm of seven firebrands since it was the only time the zone remained all pleasing and devoid of sounds. In daylight, the boys were everywhere. Even though I was allegedly sure, it was evident that some conspiracies had taken place, like a plan to not let me go around inside without supervision of any one of the seven. Times I saw Jin watching me over while doing his own work, or when Taehyung constantly kept on asking me to play games with him in a way to perhaps keep me distracted and busy. Aside from that, I was assured, there was something, something still within the place with possible permanency that had all of them mentally tensed, and they had to get rid of it because of me, and couldn't get rid of because of me.

I called Momo's number and put the call on Bluetooth. She picked up right away.

"Take care of the streams. I am moving."

"Two minutes."

After a while, I was striding through the narrow corridor towards the alignment of other members' rooms, taking an unconscious pause when one red blink of light glimmered from the corner of my peripheral glance. For the way they were perfectly hidden despite being at the most obvious locations, it could have skipped the view of many unless looked definitely closer. One faint red-eye glanced from the crevice of the first-floor corridor, another before the landing of the staircase. The third eye of the face espied till the far corner of the hallway hiding at the corner of the video monitor within the wall beside the main entrance. They bugged only the main routes that went around the dorm and nowhere else, being certain that they didn't have to.

I planted an ear onto the doors. Everyone seemed to be deep down, Namjoon's snores evoked past the six's. Resting assured, I climbed downstairs and trailed around the floor in slow motion. It was the advent of the winter breeze. The night sky peeking through the light curtains was a fading gradient of black to medium gray by the horizon. A broken moon toppled the pictures of thick clouds that were splotching at areas influenced under the halo around the iridescent white shape. The breeze smelled heavy too. Vague but enough light seeped to the living room illuminating my way to proceed. The couches, bookshelf, all appeared like small silhouettes and edges were darker as if the places of imaginary monsters where the light was too weak to reach.

First stop was the kitchen. Sipping down a glass of water sluggishly, I stood beside the main door and looked following the way the tilted lens inside the wall stared at. The bookshelf should have been just within the edge of its field of sight. Except for Jin once in a while and Namjoon, no one paid enough attention to books in this house. And whatever that had no attention paid to was left open to specks of dirt enough to coagulate. Nobody cared so. Surprisingly and not surprisingly enough, this one shelf belonged to the cleanest material category. I glanced at it.