Chapter 25

"This is not school." I laughed as Monroe pulled into his abandoned house by the lake.

"I told you I had something planned." His lips turned into a half smile. The sky was gray as it always is, but the moss covered trees and the lake shone a light of their own that I love.

We walked around the side of the house and the old bench that used to be there was now replaced with a brand new wooden stained bench that had iron railings.

"You got a new bench." I smiled up at him noticing he was waiting for my reaction. He then smiled back at me and sat down.

"I figured we needed a sturdier place to sit."

I sat down beside him and leaned into his body.

"I brought you food, because for some reason even though you're human, you never eat. I stopped by McDonald's, which I know is not gourmet however, it was the fastest. So I got you a sausage and cheese biscuit with a hash brown, and I know you don't drink coffee, so I got you chocolate milk instead."

My jaw dropped slightly then turned into a huge smile,"You literally know me so well. Although I usually get a Mcmuffin."

"Ahh. Those damned muffins." He snapped his fingers pretending to be disappointed.

"Yep." I added taking a bite out of my hash brown.

"That must be the white side of you coming out." He sighed. I slapped his arm causing him to laugh loudly before wrapping his arm over my shoulders.

"So what are you planning on doing with this house?" I asked looking back at it.

"Well I plan on remodeling it, keeping the foundation the same, but it obviously needs a new exterior, new walls, the roof needs to be fixed up, I want to add an extra room, it already has 4. Maybe add some more windows, there's just a lot that needs to be done." He sighed looking out into the lake.

"Can I help?" I asked before shoving my biscuit into my mouth.

Monroe looked up at me so amused with a face of confusion.

"Why would you want to remodel my grandparents home?" He laughed.

"Because it's important to you, and my therapist back home told me that finding projects to do as hobbies will help me maintain my emotions and my hatred towards my parents." I smiled sarcastically.

I used to go to therapy after CPS placed me with my grandmother. they recommended it due to the things I was surrounded by growing up. I truly hated it. I hated telling people my feelings, I hated sympathy or pitty, so therapy definitely was never my thing.

"Well I guess you can help. But don't let those emotions get in the way of your work ethic." He smarted off.

I looked at him blankly as he tried to hold in a smile.

"Kidding, damn." He rolled his eyes making me smile again.

Monroe was wearing all black and it made his icy grey eyes pop. His black hair was messily hanging around his face and he looked so hot. He caught me staring at him and I instantly started blushing.

"What?" He smirked amusingly.

I didn't know what to say so I decided to turn the conversation,"Oh yesterday I met Raymond's sister, and for some reason the sapphire on my necklace turned red." I told him. His eyebrow raised in confusion.

"Red?" He parroted. "Hm."

"You don't know what that could mean? The witches didn't tell you or anything?" I asked.

"They told me this would protect you from being compelled.." His face looked puzzled as if he was placing things together. "The only way a spelled stone ever turns colors, is when your ancestors are trying to tell you something, however you're human and she's a wolf I don't know what they would be trying to tell you. Then again, you are from a Haitian bloodline."

"What do you think they're trying to tell me?" I grabbed my pendant tightly. I was never close with my dad before he officially left, so even though I was half Haitian I never felt like I belonged, especially not enough for them to be communicating with me.

"I have no idea Seven. Only the witches would be able to tell you that."

"Will you take me to them?" I asked anxiously. I truly wanted this more than anything. Now I was beyond intrigued as to what this was, or what they were trying to tell me.

"I don't know Seven it's not safe." He sighed.

"Monroe I need to know what they're trying to tell me about her, and why they're telling me anything. What if I'm at risk? What if- " I started to protest before being immediately cut off as Monroe ran a hand through his jet black hair and sighed. "Alright. Fine we'll go tomorrow, at dawn. It's a hike so make sure you don't wear white shoes." He said gesturing towards my air forces.

"Okay." I was so anxious to know what all of this meant.