Breath of bless

-Meliodas POV-

We had just defeated Hendrickson yesterday. I am serving in the boar while the other sins except Escanor that hasn't found yet, were helping. Merlin, didn't really help, but with her being there made costumes come in.

"Tanks!" The costumes said. I nodded and walked away. I started to feel a little dizzy. I needed to close the tavern because everyone needed to rest.

"Okay, the Boar hat tavern close now! Everyone need to go home." I said. They all started to leave. I slowly got more and more dizzy.

"Wow, no one throw up their food." Hawk said.

When the last costumer left I closed the door and then I fell.

"Captain!" I heard Diane in human size and King say. Then black.

-Ban's POV-

We laid Captain in his bed.

"I will go and find Elizabeth and tell her about this." Master said. We others nodded as he walked out.

"He has a fever!" Diane said.

"What the heck did he do to get a fever?" I asked. No one knew. He didn't move at all. You nearly didn't even see him breath.

"Merlin? Will he be okay?" King asked.

"This is strange. It's not a normal fever. This is made by some curse or something, it's like-" Merlin cut herself off.

"Like what?" Gowther asked.

"Breath of bless." Merlin said.

"What's that?" Diane asked.

"Breath of bless, also called cheat curve, a spell of goddesses. It is a brainwashing that pushes the targets sence of exaltation to its limit and remove any fear in them. Creating loyal puppets of them." Gowther explained.

"And that means?" I asked.

"The person under the spell will fight until they dies without any fear of anything. It makes them the perfect puppets. He is lucky he hasn't died ye" Gowther answered.

"Is it Hendrickson?" King asked.

"It looks like he have had this in years." Merlin said.

"How long?" Diane asked.

"Nearly his whole life." Merlin responded.

"How old is the Captain?" I asked.

"I think he is in his early twenties." Diane said.

"He looks like a child!" I said with a grin.

"I think he is about 40." King said.

"I will look." Gowther said and shot the Captain one of his mind reading. Then he come back.

"He is blocking me outside." Gowther said.

"He can do that?" Diane asked.

"What's that black on his forehead?" King asked. We all looked there. It is a black mark, nearly not noticeable.

"He is fighting the spell." Merlin said.

"How is it going for him?" Diane asked.

"Looking on his forehead, he is slowly winning." Merlin answered.

"It's late, we all need to go to sleep. We should still look after Escanor too." Merlin said. Everyone nodded and walked to sleep somewhere.

-Merlin's POV-

Something is not right, the Captain should not be able to think like he does and he had fears before he got like this. What am I missing? He feared to lose the one he loves.