Chapter 51:Secrets Revealed

Fresh's POV hours later

We get dumped out of the net onto a white marble floor. The water gets sucked out of the room and a wall blocks us from escaping. I could finally move. We tumble across the floor. I feel Deccy's tail still wrapped around my leg tightly. We lay on the floor, Deccy holding me cloe. He shifts around to face me, resting his arms on my shoulders.

"You okay, Deccy Dec?"I ask

He nods.

"Are you alright?"He asks

I nod. 

He looks around.

"Huh, strange space."He says

I sit up with him. The space was entirely empty besides some glass on one wall. Those merfolk were watching us. He leans in, hugging me, trying to hide from their stares. I hug him protectively.

"Deccy, I got you. They won't hurt you."I assure him

I hiss at them, holding him. Some giggle, other yelp and swim off. I feel a hand scratch behind my ears, making me start to purr. My tail sways. Deccy's tail slips away from me. I glance at him. He smiles and keeps scratching gently or rubbing between my ears. My purrs got louder. I couldn't control it.

"D-Deccy Dec..."I say, still with purrs

"Thank you for protecting me."He says, leaning against me while sitting beside me

"N-No problem."I say, holding purrs back

He puts my hat back on my head. His ears perk up.

"You are the best person I know."He says

I smile, liking the sound of that. And part of me liked the fact he didn't use the term friend when he told me that.

"I just don't get why you get in so much trouble. Or put yourself in trouble."He says

I glance away. Do I tell now? No, he may get upset. Plus, we don't know where we are, what is gonna be done or how to get out. He seems uneased enough as it is. 

I just glance around the room, noticing any detail there is in sight. Deccy goes against a wall. I try to sense any bad words, but there is nobody using unrad language. Just our luck.

I hear Deccy shriek. I look over to him to see a webbed hand pulling Deccy's tail. I come over and pry the hand off of his tail. I hiss at the merfolk through the hole.

"Hands off of him!"I growl

The hole is covered up. I stand up and nod, then feel a hand tugging my ear. Deccy leaps at me, knocking me down.

"Hands off of Fresh!"He snaps

There is a hole in the ceiling that got covered now as well. He looks at me and frowns.

"You ok?"I ask

"Are you?"He asks

I nod.

"Good."He says, not answering my question

He seems uneased. I scratch behind his ears. He looks at me, his face burning up, then rests his head against me. He starts letting out loud purrs, his ears drooping and his head leaning into my touch. His tail sways calmly. He seems relaxed.

"You alright, Deccy?"I say, wanting to make sure

I want to see him happy.

"Yeah....Just scared....Dunno what they are gonna do.....But you are making me feel safer....Like always...."He purrs