Chapter 66:Life Testing Death

Geno's POV

After a long ride, we arrive in a small town. Blueprint points people or things out, explaining them to me. I spot a group of three huddled together, talking or listening. Raven lets me off of the horse while he and Blueprint went to tell their leader that I was found. Thanks to Blueprint, I knew who they were.

The one wearing a hat is Radier, the other 2nd in command. The leader's right hand man while Raven is the left hand man.

The one with brown hair beside Radier is Fury, a lookout and undercover guard that ensures nobody gets in trouble and protects them if they do.

The one in purple is Ghastly. He takes care of others medically or in general, supplying everyone with food or things to ensure they are healthy and happy. He is not to be messed with though.

I decide to approach them since I don't know any other places or people to go to. They start to disband and Ghastly puts a purple cap on his head. He glances over, spotting me. He waves to me.

"Hello there!"He says with a bright smile

"Hello."I say

He pauses for a moment, then smiles wider, running over to hug me.

"Geno!"He cheers

"How'd you know it was me?"I ask

"I can sense your fears and they'd match the ones I recall you had before the reset! Thank goodness you're ok!"He says

Radier and Fury look at us in shock, but then grin and leave.

"Come on! Let's get you settled in!"He says, leading me away

I follow him through the streets, arriving at a little house. We go inside and it was huge on the inside. It had many rooms built and leading underground, making the huge space for the organization really subtle. He takes me to one of the many spare rooms, giving me clothes to wear. All their clothes have coded enchantments to hide souls from the list. When I got changed, he took me to a dining room and brought some food. Then he brought two babies in and put them in baby seats, feeding them.

"Apparently when it got reset, so did the future. Including these babies who would've been born in the future. This is my brother Magnus and the other is Jasper's brother Pente."He says

"Ah, I see."I say

"I dunno much about caring for babies but I'm going to do my best and show them all the love that I can!"He says

I nod.

Later, I was assigned to work with Ghastly, especially with the babies. The babies were adorable. Plus I learned that Raven and the leader would be kids related to me and Reaper, as well as a brother of theirs named Goth. I found that interesting.

I spent days here. Weeks, months even. I lost track. Often I would go for supply runs to get stuff for the kids or to cook for everyone, buying from nearby stores. Nobody really tried to kill me. None of the reapers or deaths even knew me. Raven taught me the signs to spot one that is disguised....At least the ones who don't step out of line. And if one were to try to bother me, I'd either show the symbol on my wrist which would cause them to flee or Raven would suddenly come in and scare them off with his scythe. But often it would be peaceful. Honestly, it felt like a home. Better than the save screen. We were so close, working together and had each other's backs that it felt like one big family. Life certainly failed if she intended to put me through hell like she implied she would. I haven't exactly met the leader but know they are a she and SHE is very busy handling things with her brother and best friend helping her do so. And of course I haven't heard anything from my friends or seen anyone besides the deaths patrolling, strangers, and the "family" I have joined.