Chapter 47-A Date

Ji Hyo was still thinking on the spot, tempted by Nick's offer. 

"I think I should go. Besides, I might get more information if they are coming up with something," Ji Hyo thought carefully, with her heart beating rapidly.

'So?' Nick was evidently impatient. He ran his fingers through his dark hair, making Ji Hyo nervous.

'Fine,' Ji Hyo reluctantly accepted his offer.

Ji Hyo hurriedly went back to her house and put on a strapless dress. The red dress fitted Ji Hyo very well, falling just above her knees, and had a simple pattern on it. She completed her outfit with a shiny ruby necklace and a purse.

Upon adjusting her necklace, Ji Hyo clearly remembered who gave her the necklace. It was Gary. 

"Are you ready?" Nick shouted, snapping her out of her thoughts.

After some simple makeup, Ji Hyo was ready to leave.

"Let's do this," Ji Hyo mumbled and sighed anxiously before leaving her room.

"I'm ready," She closed the door behind her, clutching the purse closely to her side.

"Wow," Nick commented, gazing at Ji Hyo, with his mouth forming an 'O' shape.

"Now who's checking who out?" Ji Hyo joked, easing the tension between them.

'Let's go," Nick let out a chuckle.

A sleek sports car was parked right in front of Ji Hyo's house, but she only noticed it till now.

"Wow, you're rich?" Ji Hyo and Nick walked side by side to the car.

"Maybe," Being a gentleman, Nick opened the front passenger seat for Ji Hyo to enter.

"Thank you," Ji Hyo nodded as she entered. She inhaled as Nick slammed the door, and the smell of a brand new car filled her nostrils.

"We'll go to your favourite restaurant," Nick grinned. This was practically the only line being said during the whole ride. The rest of the ride was filled with silence.

"Why am I even doing this? I'm betraying Gary oppa," Ji Hyo reflected on what she did. She was so flustered that she even thought of getting off the car while Nick was driving.

After what seemed like forever, the two finally reached their destination. Nick wanted to help Ji Hyo open the door again but Ji Hyo got out first swiftly, as though she was in a rush.

Both of them then sauntered into the restaurant, with Nick leading Ji Hyo. After finding their seats and ordering their food, Nick initiated a conversation.

"Why are you looking so glum today?" Nick pinched Ji Hyo's cheeks.

Ji Hyo swatted his hands away and replied, "Nothing."

"Tell me," Nick now caressed Ji Hyo's hair, and some people were staring at them, as they looked like a loving couple.

"Ayy, why are you doing this?" Ji Hyo slapped his hands away. "And why did you ask me out on a date? Are you up to something? Is this a trap?" She bombarded Nick with questions.

"No," Nick looked away, as if he was already guilty.

"Hmm, are you and Eun Hye dating?" Ji Hyo demanded.

"What if we are? Are you jealous?" Nick raised his eyebrow.

It was all true. Ji Hyo was nervous for some reason, and felt butterflies in her stomach. Her cheeks also suddenly took on a bright, pink hue, as she smiled a shy grin.

"No, I'm just curious. Because you guys have been quite close recently," Ji Hyo retorted.

"Nope, we're not. Can you please tell me why you're angry?" Nick held her hands as he did a cute face.

Ji Hyo was so preoccupied with thoughts of Gary that she didn't even realize Nick was holding her hands. "It's just that he's in the hospital," Ji Hyo answered.

"Oh, really?" Nick asked. The truth was, he already knew what happened as Eun Hye had told him everything.

The date went by pretty well as they chatted while eating. After the meal, Nick decided to do something bold. 

"Ji Hyo ah, can you close your eyes?" Nick clasped his hands together.

Ji Hyo responded by a nod and closed her eyes. Nick reached over to Ji Hyo and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. 

She was so surprised that she almost fell off the chair, covering her face with her palm. Her heart began to thump rapidly and she felt like she was on cloud nine. The beating of her heart was so loud and continuous that Ji Hyo thought she was going crazy.

To add on, a love song was being played in the restaurant, as romance filled the atmosphere, the ambience was great. 

At the corner of Ji Hyo's eyes, she saw a man wearing a cap, and he was too familiar. It was Kang Gary. He took a step back and gasped in shock, dropping a bag which was previously in his hands.

"Oh my god," Ji Hyo exclaimed in disbelief. "Wasn't he suppose to be in the hospital?" She froze in her seat.

Without talking to his girlfriend, Gary fled the restaurant. 

"Why does everything go wrong in my life? I really need to sort out my emotions, and when I say really, I mean it," Ji Hyo buried her head in her arms, as a tear escaped her eye.

(So, what do you think will happen next? Why was Gary in the restaurant? And did Ji Hyo really love Nick or was it purely an infactuation? Please do support me through voting and commenting! Thank you! :D)