Chapter 42-The Opening

"I somehow have this bad feeling that something awful is going to take place," Ji Hyo shuddered as she thought. "That Yoon Eun Hye and Nick must be up to no good again, I bet!" Ji Hyo mumbled to herself.

She realized she still had some time left, and Eun Hye was using the bathroom, so she went to find the PD to ask some questions about the race.

Soon, before the two spies knew it, two hours flew past quickly and they quickly went to a nearby coffee shop so that they can make their entrance later. Besides, if the Running Man members catch the both of them in the opening set early, they will be in hot soup.

Both of them sat on the extreme end of each other, without giving any eye contact. Instead of discussing how to complete the missions successfully later, they did the exact opposite. After ensuring that some of the members had arrive, Ji Hyo was the first one to take her leave.

"Fighting!" Eun Hye shouted behind her.

"Fighting!" Ji Hyo repeated after her, astounded by the fact that Eun Hye had finally said a word to her.

Soon enough, the five Running Man members had gathered at the opening set, chattering away as usual, to entertain the viewers.

"To the viewers of Running Man, we sincerely apologize for the absence of Kwang Soo and Suk Jin. It sure is quiet without the Giraffe and the Impala," Jae Suk shed a tear, trying to joke with the members, but to no avail.

Rather, everyone became silent and was speechless. 

"You guys should have known what happened, and-" Jae Suk was cut off by Ji Hyo's sudden outburst.

"Cut!' the PD exclaimed. "Let's have a five-minute break before we start filming again. Please control your emotions as we are really running out of time to film this episode," He reasoned.

Right after that, everyone began to console Ji Hyo and had no choice but asked her to stay calm about what was going on.

"I still can't believe they were so wicked! To be honest, I kind of miss them!" Ji Hyo confessed.

"Ji Hyo ah, we miss them too," Jong Kook cajoled her.

However, Ji Hyo was still mad at Jong Kook, along with Gary, and had avoided Jong Kook since they arrived.

Ji Hyo promptly ignored him and wiped her tears using a tissue which Gary had handed to her, which she was touched by her caring boyfriend's actions.

"We're continuing to film in 10," the PD declared, using a loudspeaker. 

Everyone quickly got back to their places and unalleviated their nervousness so that they could continue filming the show.

"3,2,1. Action!" The PD announced.

Fortunately, this time, everything went smoothly and everyone was calm.

"So, who's the guest today?" Jae Suk asked.

"It's.." Ji Hyo stopped herself after realizing what she was going to say.

"It's what?" The others were surprised.

"It's a male, I hope," Ji Hyo came up with a lie. She also chuckled to ease the tension in the atmosphere

"Ayy, Ji Hyo ah," Jae Suk sighed.

The camera then zoomed in at Gary who looked upset, and it was as if  "jealousy" was written all over his face.

"This lady-" The PD was interrupted by the male members' shouts of joy, except Gary. "-is a renowned actress, who acted in many dramas. And she is a very kind lady, for having done many charity work. He continued. "I believe Jong Kook will like her," The PD added quickly.

"Yah!" Jong Kook started to blush, even before the guest had appeared.

"Ayy! That's so obvious!" Haha protested.

"Without wasting anymore time, let's welcome Yoon Eun Hye!"  Jae Suk, along with the others, clapped and cheered with all their might to welcome Eun Hye.

Ji Hyo realized Eun Hye had changed her outfit. Everyone was astounded by Eun Hye's beauty and her magnificent dress. The dress was dark berry purple, with a flowery fringe at the neck. The sleeves hung gently around Eun Hye's elbows and the bottom of the dress pooled near her knees. The sash ribbon in the middle was held with a tiny flower pin, and her neck held a beautiful, diamond necklace.

"Daebak!" Everyone said in unison, of course, except Eun Hye.

And currently, Jong Kook was blushing. He couldn't control himself. His face was as red as a tomato, as he used his hands to cover his lips, indicating that he was really surprised.

(So, how was this chapter? I admit it's getting boring but the interesting part will be coming soon! Please give me some feedback and vote for my chapters! Ty!!)