Chapter 65-The Searching Game

(In the warehouse...)

"And my last trick for the night.." Eun Hye beamed to herself as she took out something out of her backpack.

On the other hand, Gary was exhausted and felt like fainting.

As Eun Hye showed the pictures, Gary couldn't believe his eyes and passed out due to fatigue.

(Outside the warehouse...)

Nick stumbled out of his car, feeling drained all of a sudden. Mustering his remaining energy, he stealthily entered the warehouse.

(In the park...)

'Yah, stop playing now. Ji Hyo and Gary are still missing!' Jae Suk reminded them.

'But hyungs, when did you guys start having a crush on Eun Ji and Eun Hye?' Kwang Soo was curious.

'Love at first sight,' Jong Kook and Haha chirped at the same time and had burst into laughter.

'Jong Kook hyung must have fell in love with Eun Hye noona during the filming in running man!' Kwang Soo said.

'Busy-body!' Jong Kook whacked Kwang Soo's head.

'Should we call the police?' Joong Ki spoke up.

'We can't! It's not 48 hours yet!' Jae Suk responded.

'Beep!' Jae Suk took out his phone.

'I received a text from Ji Hyo!' Jae Suk cheered.

Everyone began crowding around Jae Suk as they began to read to text out loud together.

To: Jae Suk

I am currently safe right now and I'm on a mission. So don't worry about me!

From: Ji Hyo

'Seems suspicious,' Jong Kook analysed.

'How is it suspicious? Ji Hyo must be on her way to save Gary,' Jae Suk pointed out.

'But she didn't state..' Jong Kook told them.

'Yah, hyung! Stop being so over-observant!' Kwang Soo shook hid head disapprovingly.

'What did you say?' Jong Kook gave his death-glare.

'What's important now is to locate Ji Hyo! I have a friend who studies technology and I believe he can locate Ji Hyo by tracking this message,' Joong Ki exclaimed.

'That's right! Let's go then,' Haha agreed and everyone went to find Joong Ki's friend.

(In the car, half an hour later...)

Ji Hyo yawned and stretched herself as she woke up. She casually looked next to her, only finding the seat empty. Feeling stunned, she got out of the car.

'Bang!' a loud explosion could be heard, and soon enough, the warehouse was set on fire. In no time, the blazing fire was engulfing the warehouse.

Ji Hyo was beyond speechless and sprinted towards the entrance of the abandoned warehouse. Looking at the burning warehouse, Ji Hyo's legs finally gave way and she kneeled down in front of the warehouse. Seconds later, what unfolded before her eyes made her very surprised, as well as relieved.

Nick was helping Gary out of the warehouse, and Gary's eyes were close. Both of the guys were perspiring heavily and their faces were stained with soot.

Ji Hyo hurried towards them and frantically asked them what happened.

Blood was trickling down Nick's face and his clothes were torn and tattered.

'Don't ask, get him out of here now,' Nick emphasised the last word.

Ji Hyo supported Gary as he leaned on her, and she dragged Gary into the car with all her might.

After laying down Gary in the car, Ji Hyo scrambled towards Nick and spoke,' Although I don't know what happened, thank you for saving Gary. Let's get out of here now.'

Ji Hyo grabbed Nick's hand and pulled him towards the car.

'No, you go! I still have some business to finish,' Nick refused Ji Hyo's offer.

'But..' Ji Hyo stood rooted to the ground, with the cold wind blowing at her face as she shivered.

'Now run along! I'll be fine,' Nick reassured Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo knew there was no point in arguing. Leaving with no choice, Ji Hyo reluctantly got back to Nick's car and drove off in silence.

At the corner of her eye, Ji Hyo saw a girl who resembled Eun Hye exiting the warehouse.

'What do I do?' Ji Hyo looked at the back mirror and saw Gary resting peacefully at the back seat. With her mind made up, Ji Hyo stepped on the brakes and swerved towards her right, making a quick U-turn.

(In X headquarters...)

The boss laughed to herself as the plan had went smoothly.

And she had one final goal, which nobody knew.

After all, she was the boss.

(So, how was this chapter? What will the running man members find themselves in in the next chapter? Do vote and comment at the same time!! :) Stay tuned for the next chapter!)