Chapter 55-Gary's final decision

Just then, Joong Ki walked in and his eyes met Ji Hyo's, making her blush.

"Sorry for being late," he apologized while catching his breath. Everyone was silent after Haha's solemn announcement.

"What happened? Is it because of Nick-?" Joong Ki was interrupted.

"No, Jae Suk oppa might become a vegetable," Ji Hyo controlled her tears.

"Oh no," Joong Ki took a seat next to Ji Hyo.

Gary suddenly sighed and stood up. He then took big strides to walk to Ji Hyo, revealing a bouquet of flowers and an photo album behind his back.

"Ji Hyo, will you forget me for my stupid mistakes and be my girlfriend again?" Gary kneeled down on one knee. 

Everyone was standing at a corner, and was amazed by Gary's action. Joong Ki was a little upset, but the others had a bright smile on their faces.

Ji Hyo was also surprised by this as her cheeks were coloured with embarrassment. A tear rolled down her cheek and she embraced Gary in a tight hug. 

"Yes, yes I do!" Ji Hyo beamed as the others kept on cheering and applauding for being reunited once again. Their lips came into contact with each other and the Monday Couple is once again, formed.

All of a sudden, the restaurant went into total darkness, leaving everyone in shock. Their kiss was broken abruptly, and Ji Hyo was cowering next to Gary in fear, as she held onto Gary's gifts.

"What's happening?" Ji Hyo shouted.

"I don't know, guys?" Haha called out to his employees, but getting no reply.

"Stay calm," Jong Kook spoke up.

The next thing they knew, out of nowhere, there was suddenly a muffled voice coming through the speakers in the restaurant.

"Running Man members, how are you doing?" the voice said.

"Omo, who's that?" Ji Hyo was appalled.

"You don't have to know that Song Ji Hyo. Joong Ki op- Joong Ki ah, it's such an honor meeting you," the voice laughed.

Jong Kook tried to made his way silently outside, but to no avail, as the restaurant was in complete darkness. He had an idea, and immediately took out his phone to call the police.

"You guys really thought that arresting Nick and Eun Hye will end all of this? You guys are really naive, I am the real mastermind! And I will continue this! Be prepared, each and everyone of you!" the voice continued, and all of a sudden, the restaurant was lighted up again.

"Who was that?" Kwang Soo stood up.

Without a word, Haha ran to the kitchen, and saw all of his employees dead, and lying on the floor. They also found a note which stated, "This is only the beginning, and there will never be an end to this" and the culprit ended off with "The Mastermind".

The running man members followed him, and were aghast by the scene of blood and dead bodies before them. 

Around five minutes later, the police force and the ambulance arrived, and they took the dead victims to the hospital. The running man members were also taken to the police station and were to be interrogated.

Jong Kook cleverly deduced that the mastermind was a girl as she almost called Joong Ki 'oppa', which the others didn't take note of.

The police also interviewed Nick, but he refused to confess who the mastermind was after several futile attempts made by the police.

The police then requested for the running man members' help to have a chat with Nick and Eun Hye as they knew the members were close with them.

Ji Hyo and Gary volunteered to talk to Nick first, to see if they could get any information out of Nick. As they stepped into the room, Nick's face brightened as he saw Ji Hyo.

"Ji Hyo! I've missed you, how have you been recently?" Nick was delighted. But upon seeing Gary, his grin instantly turned into a frown.

"I'm great! How have you been? I have been worried about you!" Ji Hyo reached over to peck on Nick's face, which was completely unexpected to Gary.

Gary's face immediately turned pale, and his mouth was gaping slightly as he started to tremble in anger. Without a single word, he slammed the door behind him as he left the room.

He just couldn't stand the sight of Ji Hyo and Nick being so affectionate after losing Ji Hyo for so many times and furthermore, they had just gotten back together. If this was going to happen, Gary would let Ji Hyo decide who she wanted to be with and not force the both of them to be together.

"I'll break up with her, once and for all," Gary made a rash decision.

(So, how was this chapter again? I'd probably update once a week, but I'll try to update more because of many of your requests! Hope you'll continue to vote and comment on my chapters! Ty!!)