Chapter 14-Frenemies

'Hi, ladies and gentlemen,' Nick spoke in a deep voice.

'Why is he even here? I shouldn't ask him to leave, in case the others might get suspicious,' Ji Hyo was in deep thought.

'Who are you?' Jae Suk asked with curiosity.

'I'm here for Ji Hyo's birthday,' Nick took Ji Hyo's hand and kissed it without permission.

Ji Hyo was shocked as she pulled away.

Eun Hye blushed as she still had feelings towards Nick, and at the same time, jealous towards Ji Hyo.

'I gotta go and work on my album as my manager called me,' Gary left hurriedly. Ace Ji Hyo even saw Gary and Nick exchanged looks before Gary left.

'Bye,' the others were also very surprised.

'Oh, I almost forgot, my name is Nick, and I'm Ji Hyo's high school friend,' He greeted the other 5 running man members.

'Oh, I see,' Haha said as he smiled at Nick with a tinge of jealousy.

'He left out the words 'ex' and 'boyfriend',' Eun Hye thought, feeling unsatisfied.

Ji Hyo, not wanting to ruin the atmosphere, did not tell others the truth between Nick and her.

The party then continued, with eating cake, and loads of dancing. Nick always approached Ji Hyo to dance, which made Ji Hyo really uncomfortable.

'Do Kang Gary and Nick know each other? And where did Gary go?' Ji Hyo was suspicious.

Ji Hyo then approached Nick and whispered, 'May I have a word with you outside?'

'Sure,' replied Nick, as he beamed, thinking that it was Ji Hyo's love confession.

They went out together, which got everyone's attention, except the dancing Kwang Soo.

Ji Hyo and Nick were in an alley behind the restaurant.

'Is something going on between Gary and you?' Ji Hyo probed.

'Why did you ask?' Nick asked Ji Hyo back as he placed his hands in his pockets.

'Because you guys exchanged glances and it seems that you guys know each other,' Ji Hyo answered, feeling impatient.

'Okay, fine, we knew each other since high school,' Nick confessed.

'How?' Ji Hyo continued asking, as if she was a policewoman interrogating a suspect.

'We were high school best friends, or friends. But after that, we became enemies. You can call us frenemies, I guess,' Nick sighed.

Ji Hyo was stunned, as she was taken aback.

'Why?' Ji Hyo asked him the most important question.

'Because of you,' Nick pointed at Ji Hyo.

( So, what do you think happened? Be sure to check my next very soon update! And like my story! Ty! )